Best Diving Spots in Australia -- help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man that looks awesome.... I may require a little more training before I'm ready for that though. Side mount here I come!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second 7mm for Sydney in winter....I FROZE in a 5mm. Interesting seeing Toad Hall getting a mention - bumped into a group of divers heading out there about a fortnight ago - amazing amounts of gear required to get there obviously by the 30 odd tanks they had in their trailers. Hats off to them, hope they had a good time.

Guess it is what you are used to. I dive sharkskin here till water gets below 19 and then 1 piece 5mil or 3 mil through the winter:idk: maybe I have more bioprene...

Not really a vacation dive, though I'm sure it fits the bill as one of Australia's best spots... :D
Needless to say it's a bit out of my league, so I'll take other people's word for it.
ADVANCED DIVER MAGAZINE • Beyond Toad Hall

Re wetstuits, if you are coming in winter (June -August) and feel the cold, you may want to bring a 7mm for Brisbane and south. Ozzydamo is obviously tougher than I am. :wink:

Hooded vest, under a 5mm is making it 8mm on the core, wear booties and gloves to stop flow thru the suit- The fit is vital a well fitting 5mm is better then a loose or over tight 7mm as they flow thru faster, making it cold- for me a 7mm is too stiff and makes gearing up a struggle. Really if your feeling cold using a 5mm jump suit, hooded vest, gloves and booties, its time to go drysuits as your getting old, slow and stupid, like me........tough is just a side effect of stupidity!

I'd love a drysuit. Care to buy me one? :wink:
I guess I'm part reptile or something; I even wore a 3mm when diving from Port Douglas in summer, to everyone else's amusement...:dork2:.

We just got back from a 4-week tour of Australia - Dove both the GBR (Mike Ball) and Exmouth. We had a travel agent (nina@diveadventures.com.au) who specializes in diving and she was incredibly helpful with ideas, information, and arrangements (we got caught in Cyclone Ita and had to revise our trip schedule a lot - she did a fantastic job). She also helped with non-diving tourism. It's an expensive trip for sure, but worth it. Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom