Best diving in USA poll

Which place in USA has the best overall diving?

• Florida

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • North Carolina

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • California

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • Washington / North Western USA

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Hawaii

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • Great Lakes areas

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Texas

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Other (not mentioned)

Votes: 9 6.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A topic such as this also shows us how subjective diving is. This totally throws out any notion of "Worlds Best" or "USA's best" etc. Some people consider vis a crucial factor in over all dive experience. To some it does not matter at all. Same is with currents and ocean conditions etc. There are those of us who enjoy topography more than marine life and then there are those who dive only to be with marine life.

After looking at the poll results I will go on a long road trip and decide for myself which is best for me. Still opinions and votes have helped me a lot in providing information vital to planning trips.

So far I've only been to Hawaii, Catalina Island (Avalon) and lake pleasant in Arizona. The viz in Hawaii is way better than Catalina (100ft compared to 25-30) and the water is warm all year - Def. a + for me. The wild life in Hawaii did it for me though....Octopus, 4 1/2 foot sea turtles, spotted eagle rays, yellow margin morays, and that was one dive :cool2:.

Or were you done taking votes and commentary :D

I am still protesting this poll, it is biased against the region with the best diving in the US, New England!!! (I suppose that's why you are excluding us). :D

One thing this poll has done for me is that I learnt there is diving in North East USA!!! What a revelation! After your post I picked up the book "50 places to dive before you die" To my surprise, Maine is listed there. You can dive anywhere but for a place to make it in that book over so many dive destinations in the world tells me that you are not kidding. I am waiting for the weather to get better so that I can go and get wet.

Best diving North America, Vancouver Island. Oh sorry this is just for US, my bad. Its somewhere else then.

Why put Texas on the poll? Lake Travis is all I can think of? Funniest Texas story is a friend and his now ex wife wanted cheap instruction... Their open water dives were in a very warm lake used for cooling one of the states nuclear power stations. Could not see more than 5'.

For US diving, I prefer Florida. It has versatility and water conditions are perfect for most of the year. Even the winter months aren't that cold.

Of course, I have yet to visit the kelp forests, but I think that the multitude of different dives in Fla may outweigh that.

Let me know when you do an Australasia and Red Sea poll. I am better geared to answer that one.

I was honestly not expecting North Carolina to be that far behind. With all its wrecks and sharks it has such low votes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom