Best diving in the month of November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ghostdog72

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've got 30 days to dive
Where in the world is the best diving in November?
I want to spit the trip up with a liveaboard 10, 20 days then the rest of the time on an island relaxing, boat and possibly shore dives...
Any suggestions?

Are you interested in a specific part of the world or open to any place? What types of things do you like to do besides diving? Where have you been so far?

Perfect water in the 1000 islands region then :)

Meets none of your criteria though

Last edited:
'Best' is relative. Traveling to & from Virginia, the Caribbean offers you much shorter flight times & likely simpler travel arrangements than the Philippines, Palau, Komodo, Raja Amat, etc... But if search around the forum and ask who's got the best diving, the tides going to turn in a hurry. You've got plenty of travel time; do you have plenty of travel money? What's the budget for this trip?

I don't know the weather; people often praise Komodo for live-aboards, and Bali for land-based enjoyments (plus good diving). Can anyone speak to diving Komodo by live-aboard that time of year?

I've never hit Indonesia; hope to someday, and so far, from what I've read researching, Komodo may be at the top of my live-aboard list for that part of the world. Land-based stuff doesn't appeal to me so much, but I keep seeing people talk up Bali for that.

Richard.

It looks like the Philippines either November or December still need to decide. I love to travel...
I was even thinking Mozambique and or Egypt.
Ultimately I want to dive some wrecks, maybe go to Apo island and or Coron and possibly do a liveaboard to mix things up.
I've been to Utila Honduras.
Side bar...
Does anyone know of a non-mesh durable Backpack dedicated to carrying gear. I have a great bag with rollers. But can't find anything other than Akona Globetrotter Bag.

Traveller 250 - Distributor and wholesaler of scuba diving and snorkeling equipment

When you recover from the price tag (Thai Baht lol but around $60USD) ..I've got a PSI duffle bag no rollers I've dragged through over 20 countries for a decade...and at times I've dragged it literally...it's stood up to everything from African Airline handlers to being stolen by monkeys. Mesh panels and really sturdy construction.

There's a lot of discussion about picking a liveaboard in the thread below that you may find of interest. But keep in mind that parts of Belize were just hit by a hurricane, things may be back to normal by November/December but I would check it out carefully before booking in that part of the world. And I haven't heard yet if the reefs were damaged by the storm either.

Will you be traveling alone? Bonaire is one of the best places for shore diving but you should go with someone the first time to help you figure out how things work, IMO. There's no liveaboard diving in Bonaire and boat dives are less popular than shore dives.

It appears that you haven't done much diving yet, if you want to try a liveaboard maybe you should pick someplace close and easy just to try it out and see if you like it.

You haven't mentioned budget. In some parts of the world like the Caribbean, November and early December are the end of the slow, cheaper season, but late December is the start of the high, expensive season.

The combination of liveaboards, and day boats, and wreck, and shore diving in one location is rather uncommon. The Caymans come to mind but that can get expensive, but there is the advantage that it is close and you can easily make it a two or three-island trip and the airfare is usually pretty cheap and easy. The water is very warm in November and early December in the Caribbean.

You mentioned Egypt and if you are really interested in liveaboard diving then you can do the Northern and Southern Red Sea itineraries back to back - mostly drift diving - but the Thistlegorm is a great wreck dive. There are day boats available from spots like Sharm but I've never heard anything about shore diving in Egypt.

Looking for advice on trying a liveaboard

Best diving? LOB in Raja Amat or Komodo.
Then for your shore diving and relaxation Tulamben Bali.
But RA and Komodo isn't a wreck destination as you mentioned.
The diving in the Phillipines ranges from good to excellent. You could do a dive safari where the boat goes from one location to the next but most spend the night on land. The PI is much cheaper than RA and Komodo but pales in comparison.

I don't know if you are still looking for dive trips in November, but the Caribbean Explorer trips to Saba and St. Kitts are being offered at a fantastic price - if they still have any spots left:

Explorer Ventures Last Minute Offers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom