Best dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone dove the werck in the park in CZM? I am interested in diving it.

I agree with Gordon, but I cannot believe that nobody has mentioned cruising Palancar Gardens with the gregarious green moray or exploring the overhangs and cuts of Punta Tunich. Both excellent dives and great for newer divers!

Has anyone dove the werck in the park in CZM? I am interested in diving it.

Yea, its kinda cool. Just don't do it on a high current day. Drift diving aint so fun when you have to stay in one place. I dented my tank swimming against the current. Course I am an air hog. You have to take a picture with your face in the wheelhouse port hole. You can swim through from one side to the other in nice big holes. I only did it once, but I wouldnt be against going back to the C53.

Scuba Club Cozumel has some nice info: Cozumel's Wreck Dive - the Felipe Xicotencatl

What are the deeper wall dives? I went on one that felt like hte wall went on (deep) for ever we were drifting along at 80 feet ish.

What are the deeper wall dives? I went on one that felt like hte wall went on (deep) for ever we were drifting along at 80 feet ish.

Well, there's Maracaibo which I like but one I really like that's closer in is VillaBlanca Wall (where I hit 159 feet). Santa Rosa is a deeper wall dive and Tunich is also. Punta Sur is pretty deep but I'm not sure if I'd call it a wall - more like an enormous coral head but I may be wrong on that one. Deepest I've hit there is about 130 feet.

I just brought up my dive log on my laptop and once I hit 156 feet at Palancar Horseshoe so it's likely a wall. :D

There are probably many more that I've dived on top of the wall as second dives but I haven't dived them on first dives.

Those are all that I can deduce from laptop as all my old paper log books are in Cozumel. Hope that helps.

Not sure why people are so into going deep and the deeper the better.... it cuts your bottom time and it's darker. I was going to make a snarky comment about it's always men wanting to go deep but MMM deterred me :) The standard dive in Coz is 1st one deep (75-100'), 2nd one shallow. While I'm happy to dive anytime and anywhere in Coz I'm also content doing 2 medium - shallow dives to stay down longer with more light and brighter colors. Just MHO

Not sure why people are so into going deep and the deeper the better.... it cuts your bottom time and it's darker. I was going to make a snarky comment about it's always men wanting to go deep but MMM deterred me :) The standard dive in Coz is 1st one deep (75-100'), 2nd one shallow. While I'm happy to dive anytime and anywhere in Coz I'm also content doing 2 medium - shallow dives to stay down longer with more light and brighter colors. Just MHO

Ditto! Longer times are it!

Not sure why people are so into going deep and the deeper the better.... it cuts your bottom time and it's darker. I was going to make a snarky comment about it's always men wanting to go deep but MMM deterred me :)

Well, sometimes it's nice to see pristine reefs that haven't had the sh*t kicked out of them. And the vis IS good. It's not something I do every day and I don't think categorically that deeper is better. But now and again you get all divers on the boat with the capabilities and so you do so. If that kind of thing appeals to you.

Back
Top Bottom