Best Dive Sites in Aruba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orb56

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Heading to Aruba in Febraury for 2 weeks. We will be staying in a house at the south end of the island (close to Baby Beach). We plan to do about 10 dives while we are there. Having never been there before I was wondering if anyone could put together a list of the best dive sites. We are not advance divers, we have about 30 dives under our belts mostly in Belize and Mexico. I'm thinking of booking with Jad's as they are right there on Baby Beach and close to the house. Thanks for your help.

Most of the boats in Aruba pretty much run a "set schedule" weekly. So Jad's or anyone else will already have dive scheduled.

Most of the dive sites are not going to be near Baby Beach, but over near DePalm Beach or on the south side of the island.

The 'famous' wreck there is the Antilla (sp?), which is a freighter sunk by it's crew in WWII. It's a good dive.

The Pedernales is a good shallow water diver. It's so shallow you can pretty much snorkel it. It's a ship that got torpedo'd and they cut out the bad parts and rebuilt it. So this is the mid section that was left over. I really liked it, but some folks have bashed it as a beginner dive. But I think any dive is what you make of it and I enjoyed the abundant fish life on the wreck.

Arashi Reef was a decent shallow reef. Some airplane parts left near the site.

This site has a map that you can click on the site for the description. (description will come in a pop up window).

Aruba Dive sites and spots with Red Sail Sports

The Jane Sea was my favorite. Great dive. Got sick of the airplanes, was there twice.

My favorites were the reef just south of the Jane Sea (I liked the Jane Sea too, and would certainly recommend diving the wreck - then without moving the boat, swim south along the reef).

If you like wrecks, you need to do the Antilla as well, there will be lots of people around more than likely... but it is worth seeing.

While most of the shops have set schedules - not all do.

Email JADS info@jadsaruba.com They have plenty of nice dives near Baby Beach. I really liked indian head and directors bay... also shore dive at "rocky beach" off Savaneta my favorite spot. JADS can give you tips for some great local food on that end of the Island. I just returned Sunday.. you lucky dog Enjoy!!

I just got back from two weeks and 40 dives with JADS...yes that means I dived every site on the west side of the island and a good number of those two or three times.
You can't go wrong with JADS, they are a fun group who will take care of you, they also dive the south coast which has a lot of the better dives. Jane Sea, the Airplanes, Fingers, Golden Island, Kantil are all good dives. Santa Largo, Rocky Beach, and Mango Halto are one long reef, if offered a shore dive go for Rocky Beach unless you like walking your gear and long surface swims over shallow reefs. It's certainly not the best diving in the Carribean due to lower vis and more beat up reefs but it's still great diving IMO.
They do the north coast on Thursday, that's where Antilla is. The second dive is typically Debby II which is a decent wreck followed by Blue Reef as a drift (all one dive). If you like looking at scrap metal on the sea floor the Perdenales is for you. There are usually morays and some large porcupine fish in the area though.

Their boat leaves from a dock just south of the Airport so the drive from San Nicholas isn't as bad as the others either, or let Chicha pick you up and drive you there.

Have a blast and tell Urny that Ron sent you~~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom