Best Dive Operator in Aruba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Smedley

Tommy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Have a friend who is going to Aruba over Thanksgiving. From your experience which is the best dive operator on the island???

I do not know who the best is but Clive Paula who is a one man oeration and owns Dive Aruba is a solid pick. Small boat, six max people and on drift dives you can sort of go as you please. I will dive with him anytime.

Mr. Smedley, I am very surprised there have been no other responses. I know there are other fine shops on the island and perhaps a search back through this forum will give you more information. Jads Aruba has been highly praised i believe. Also Unique. I do not know too much about them though. I hope someone will add more. If your friend shore dives, Rocky Beach is good but the entry and exit is a little tricky. It is not called Rocky Beach for nothing. My friend found a green moray there that looked more like a sea serpent . It was absolutely enormous.
Hope your friend has a good time.

Pete

I am in Aruba now. I have been coming here for over ten years and have always used Unique Water Sports. They are located behind the Raddison on the beach. They have a van and will pick you up at any place you may be staying at.

Aruba diving is not good right now. We dove the Pedernales wreck yesterday. Huricane/Tropical storm Tomas has everthing stirred up. Visibility was maybe 6-8 feet at the best. Reminded me of diving in a midwest lake, you could not see the person in front of you. The only good thing is the water temp is 82 degrees. I hope this all settles out and I can get some nice dives in.

Any update on diving in Aruba????
Goin in a couple of weeks,
Thanx

Went yesterday on the Southcoast and it wasn't too bad. At least now you can see something. I am guessing the visiblity is at least 50-60 feet. I am heading out this afternoon for 2 tanks, one on The Antilla (again) and Malmok Reef. Last time I was there the vis was only about 25 feet. I have also booked tomorrow morning at the Sonesta airplanes. This is my 3rd week here and this week has been most of my diving. First week the vis was about 6 feet, the next week no one went out, not even snorkel or sailing trips. The waves were beating up the coast.

IT SHOULD ALL BE SETTLED DOWN WHEN YOU ARRIVE. Good Luck and have fun, Dave

Thanx for the response Dave......much appreciated.
Sounds like you are getting some good diving in, I hope
it keeps improving.
Keep us updated , looks like from the board some divers are
interested in Aruba Diving.
Thanx again,
tselios

Back
Top Bottom