Best dive of my life!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Veitch

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Imagine 30 mantas just tumbling and rolling in a massive orgy. Well thats what we had yesterday. I could not believe it if i didn't get it on video, most amazing thing i have ever seent thats for sure.

Here is a couple of grabs from my video, sorry but can't get em all in the same frame as i don't have a fish eye, gives the general idea though...

Absolutely incredible! There no way you could beat that as a dive!

Can you get congregations of mantas like that all year round at Yap, or is there a season for it?

Cheers,
Rohan.

Very cool, thanks for sharing your dive with us.

I agree with Tassie, can't imagine beating that dive. Thanks for sharing the photos.
I beat it just didn't even seem real when you had that many mantas around you.

Mel

Tassie_Rohan:
Absolutely incredible! There no way you could beat that as a dive!

Can you get congregations of mantas like that all year round at Yap, or is there a season for it?

Cheers,
Rohan.

Actually, the new and full moons of Jan thru to April have big congregations like that. Even as we speak they are still in groups of 10-15 just cruising up and down the channel and being "Horny" (get it? Devilfish??? Never mind...)
Anyhoo, it is amazing and i would recommend the full moon of those months for serious photographers.
M

Back
Top Bottom