Best dive center in Dahab?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alexeames

Reaction score
As I mentioned in a another thread, I'm planning a trip to Dahab in April/May. I'm interested to hear people's views of the dive centers there.

Planning to stay at the Hilton and do 4-6 dives. I'm with non-diving spouse and need to spend plenty of time with her also.

I've got my own gear, so I'm considering getting up early each day and maybe doing one dive per day, so I can spend time with spouse (we're having last little 'just the two of us' holiday together coz she's pregnant and the baby is due in September).

So i'm probably looking for an outfit that can be flexible around my unusual circumstances rather than a 1-5 day diving package.
The cost is not particularly an issue. But safety flexibility and convenience (mine, not theirs) is.

I've had a look at Poseidon, and am leaning towards them at the moment. Any views or opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

I went to Dahab last June and stayed at the Nesima Dive Center, which is part of the Nesima Hotel - highly recommended, very convenient place to stay. The hotel is very close to the beach and is within very easy walking distance of the main part of Dahab.

The resort is very well run and the people there very friendly. I don't think I've been in a more relaxed environment - do a dive in the morning, come back for a few hours by the pool and another dive in the afternoon - very chilled out!!

Nesima also do night dives if you want (worth doing, especially to a site called 'The Island')

Hope this helps

Ben

Nesima sounds very good. Thank you Ben.

I've booked to stay at the Hilton. Is Nesima far from that?

Do you know if all the dive operators bring you back to the hotel for surface intervals?

I was kind of concerned that most dive operators take you away from the resort and then you have your surface interval away as well.

What you describe sounds perfect to me :)

Thanks

Hi Alex

I did spend an evening at the Hilton for a beach party on my last night - I had to get a taxi from the Nesima, probaly about a mile or 2 away from Nesima area, but if I recall correctly there may be a second part of Dahab that is close to the Hilton

With regard to whether you come back to the hotel during dive intervals, certainly this was the case when I was at the Nesima ; most dive sites are relatively close to Dahab, the only place I stayed over a dive interval was at the Blue Hole (they have a sort of outdoor resturant there).

With regard to the dive sites themselves, the best for me were the Canyon, and also the Bells (which is very close to the Blue Hole). The Bells is a great wall dive. Also the Islands is nice. Overall the diving was very relaxing and of a good standard.

Nice beach at the Hilton by the way

My vote goes to Nessima. You sould also do a dive right off their beach, good dive on a full moon too, we spent most of the midnight entry dive with out lights off, the moon was so bright. It was a blue dive.

Back
Top Bottom