Best dive alert horn both above and below water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sbiriguda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have read some discussions about signaling devices
I don't really need it I think... But I want to add another awesome gadget to my collection!
I would like to get a dive alert horn, preferably the kind of horn you can use both above and below water
I need some suggestions on it in particular:

1) is it unsafe to buy it and keep it always connected to the hose?
2) are there specific materials or features to keep in mind?

If you have any suggestions on specific models or types I am listening
Thanks

Dive Alert is my favorite - extremely loud at the surface, underwater quacker is good, not great. Wife has a hammerhead quacker that works much better - not making those any more so you'd have to look at eBay or otherwise used. My advise is if you are needing a surface screamer, you'll also want to have a manual whistle, DSMB (2 plus metres) with radar/ reflective strip, and a reflector (DVD/CD disc works great). No issues with leaving it connected - you can always disconnect it at the QD if you have a leak

They sell dive alert also here...
https://www.amazon.it/Subgear-Dive-...TF8&qid=1530623509&sr=8-4&keywords=Dive+Alert
Do you keep it always connected to the hose?
Also, I was thinking, if the alert horn is like dive alert you can keep it always attached to the hose. Otherwise if it is mostly a surface screamer it could be carried on in a pocket like an accessory and mounted only if necessary when floating on the surface
Do you think the most important thing is the screamer, or the quacker underwater, or actually both?

underwater quacker is to get your dive buddies attention - I rarely use it but it's handy. A rattler (metal tube with an enclosed nut) works just as well. I always have mine connected to the LP inflator.

I have been using DiveAlert devices (surface and U/W combo) for over 20 years now without issues. It is always connected and never worry about it. I'd leave it on full time.

I am frustrated with the price of this device. I like it very much, especially the idea. In fact I don’t really need it. At the surface I can use a whistle even though less efficient. In the water it might be useful but in fact it can be misleading distance is not easy to understand by listening sounds. Perhaps I can search a used one

I found this one
Dive Alert Scuba Signaling Device Power Whistle Safety System BCD attachment | eBay
Online on the ebay from the US, still less expensive than buyinh new here
With an ebay guarantee and considering the 99% positive feedback of the seller I could take the risk
I only have a question on the model, I am not familiar with this kind of objects. Is this one both underwater and surface or underwater only? Which model is it? I think dive alert number 1 the previous model now not manufactured any more unless I am mistaken

Hi,

I'm looking for information on current market status from any manufacturers:

Where are the largest sale area?
What is the market %?
What are the best selling products?
What products bring the best ROI?
Market research on scuba diving equipment

General information on which brand sell better.

We are looking at adding a retail centre to our small operation and looking for any data available to help us decide which products and manufacturer we should work with..

Thanks

Bob
Hello and welcome here
I suggest you open a specific thread with the same questions perhaps others will miss your questions in this thread since it has a different title. I think there is also a section about running a diving center business where others probably have more info on this

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom