Best Digital camera for underwater macro non-dslr ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcmcg

Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has done any comparisons in this area. I have used the c-5060 while a friend used the c-5050 and their macro shots seemed a lot sharper. Is it just my imagination or bad photo technique? Any suggestions ? Any camera anyone really loves for macro? Thanks

I adore macro. I use a 5050 in macro, supermacro and with stacked Inon 165 macro lenses.

I would think the 5060 would be capable of very good macro shots - I certainly haven't heard anything different. I'd start looking at your technique to see if there is something in that to be improved...or do an experiment and hand your rig off to your buddy for a few dives and see if he gets the same results!

Macro demands that you get close, get still and be patient! Always choose your focus point carefully and take several shots wherever possible as it's very easy for the camera to choose somewhere other than your chosen focus point!

If you could post a couple of your shots that you think aren't sharp along with the settings you used it would be good..if your mate posts a shot that you think is tack sharp and similar to yours that would be even better.

I love my Oly 5050 for macro work. The Fuji 810, with Inon 165 add-ons, is also excellent.

The lens on the 5050 is better glass than that in the 5060, which may account for some difference in macro shots. Depth of field issues, focusing problems, etc. mean that many, many macro shots are throwaways - don't forget, you see all of your discards but none of mine!

I'm seeing some great macro from people who are shooting the Fuji F-810.

Back
Top Bottom