Best deal in Pattaya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okamiotoko2004

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Heading to Pattaya for vacation end of November till mid December. Checked online and prices for LDS's seems to be standard or if there are packages it is for classes. Prices seem pricey for the area (they are actually running par or more expensive than in Hawaii). Anyone know of anyone offering package deal for say 4+ days of diving without classes and going in on a hotel?
Also any info on the dive conditions during winter? I have dove the area during the summer and enjoyed it.
Any info would be sooo much appreciated. Also if anyone wants to get wet while I am there please drop me a line! The sun coming up is a good enough excuse for me to get wet.
Thanks!

Water temp 27 degrees ish, so still nice and warm, visability is the same as summer time conditions really not much noticably different...Have fun!!!

Freds :coffee:

Freds@Aquanauts:
Water temp 27 degrees ish, so still nice and warm, visability is the same as summer time conditions really not much noticably different...Have fun!!!

Sheesh dunno about you mate but last christmas I was diving here and the water went waaaaaay down to 24 degrees C! I had a fluffy 5 mil semi dry and a hood and a hot water bottle down me trunks but I was still freezing!

Hehe!

Okamiotoko - I agree with Fred, it's generally pretty good here in the winter time. For those of us who dive it every day it gets a bit chilly but 24 - 27 degrees C depending on when you arrive. Weather is usually pretty good although there's a chance you may end up with the very tail end of the monsoon - although that would be very late indeed. Probably some of the best viz we get is over this time.

Cheers,

Crowley

I never got anything less than 26 degrees in the sea, the pool however was BLOODY freezing that was round and about 22-24 degrees. But every computer is different!

Crowley I was a cold with my 3/2mm shorty but not overly so - could still easily manage an hour long dive without being to too cold, but I wouldnt recommend it for a tech dive at that time of year, that would just be taking the piss!

If you are used to water thats cooler than Pattaya temperatures you will be fine in the rental shorties...

Its only people that are there for a long time that acclimatise to how nice it is earlier on in the year that feel the cold in winter...If someone had offered me a 5mm I would have taken it off them so fast that they might have lost a hand as well!

You know what it wasnt even that - it was putting on the cold wetsuit(never nice anywhere) in the morning on the boat, that was colder than the water temperature!

PS I do hot water in the booties before I put them on thats the best - you do get some strange looks form everyone else, and the on board compressor exhaust makes for a wonderful spot to try and turn the wetsuit from cold and wet to hot and wet!

:coffee:

okamiotoko2004:
Heading to Pattaya for vacation end of November till mid December. Checked online and prices for LDS's seems to be standard or if there are packages it is for classes. Prices seem pricey for the area (they are actually running par or more expensive than in Hawaii).
Thanks!
When I was in Phuket last Sep - Dec I found the prices for diving comparable to most other diving locations including Hawaii and the Caribean. However, the housing and food and entertainment are significantly lower than any other those places.

Hello all, nice to see people making their way back after the Great Scuubaboard Time Warp of 2007 (6 weeks of postings gone in the poof of a hard drive.)

Freddie -- Good to see u too. When you coming back? Lots of work watiing for you!

Now, to answer the OP's question....

okamiotoko2004 - Glad to see you're considering Pattaya. With the wrecks and the variety of sites here (not to mention the entertainment on land) it can be a fun dive holiday.

We at Aquanauts have package deals like the ones you're looking for. We have exclusively partnered with 7 Pattaya hotels (2-4 Star) to offer discounted dive holiday packages that include rooms and diving at less than the price you'd pay for them separately.

Six of these seven currently have a 2-night / 1-day Fun Diving package but we're adding a 5-Nights / 4-Days package to all our hotels. Right now it's online with the 4-star Rabbit Resort, but we're putting up the same package for all our hotels this week. (Just a matter of getting the webmaster to get off his butt and do it!)

All the packages include breakfast and lunch each day, 2 dives a day,
equipment rental if needed, hotel pickup/return service plus (depending on hotel) extras such as free internet access, welcome drinks/baskets, spa discounts, etc.)

The prices for both diving and hotels is about 15% off the normal rates for both, so it's a terrific deal for divers. You can read about each of our packages at http://www.aquanautsdive.com/hotels/packages.asp. Again, if you don't see the 5/4 deal listed, just contact us and we'll give you the price.

Now, having said that, while we do have two inexpensive 2-star offerings, most our packages skew toward the high-end. If you'd like to arrange your own accommodations and simply get a deal on diving, we can offer you 10% off the cost of 4 days of diving or, if you book 5 days, give you a 6th day free.

Our full price list and dive trip details -- as well as contact and booking forms -- are online at www.aquanautsdive.com

Thanks and hope to see u in Pattaya!

Freds@Aquanauts:
I never got anything less than 26 degrees in the sea, the pool however was BLOODY freezing that was round and about 22-24 degrees. But every computer is different!

Crowley I was a cold with my 3/2mm shorty but not overly so - could still easily manage an hour long dive without being to too cold, but I wouldnt recommend it for a tech dive at that time of year, that would just be taking the piss!

Its only people that are there for a long time that acclimatise to how nice it is earlier on in the year that feel the cold in winter...If someone had offered me a 5mm I would have taken it off them so fast that they might have lost a hand as well!

Yeah I know the feeling - I'm one of those people out here for a long time! :14: I get cold if it drops below 30 now!! Hehe - HATE being in the pool during the "winter" here - absolutely frigid. My 5mm semi had a 5mm shorty to go over the top and with the hood and everything I had to wear enough weight to anchor a small boat just to stay on the pool bottom!

Meh for those reading that don't live here - don't be put off. It's plenty warm enough as fred says for a 3mm shorty - especially if you're flying out from the UK!

Cheers, :coffee: is a good idea!

C.

Coffee - another essential if you've been there a while in the winter!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom