Best Custom Wetsuit Manufacturer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Otter Bay in Monterey builds all my wetsuits and has for many years. They are great.

Otterbaysuits.com Homepage

A word about WetWear- I had them build me a 5mm top from measurements I took myself. I don't know if it was my measuring or their manufacturing, but that jacket was a $400 mistake. Plus, I felt like I was getting the high-pressure treatment from them, trying to sell me bells and whistles I didn't want or need. In any event, I won't be buying from them again.

Why a custom wet suite? That is the question that you need to answer.

The world's absolute best made wet suite are made in Japan and hard to get from outisde of Japan as many will not deliver to a none Japan address. They are pricy (big time).

Some sites to consider in your quest:
e5star wetsuits
CABALLERO | ????????????? | DIVING | PRODUCTS | ??????????????????? | MOBBY'S (this is a joint venture between Mares and Mobby that has nice stuff. Mobby is known in West Coast USA for surfing dry suites)

An alternative is a singapore based company that makes excellent quality and is less pricey:
Acronman

I used Wetwear in FL. They use Rubatex-231 (the best neoprene). I needed to have a custom-made wetsuit due to an allergy to thiourea, a chemical used in neoprene manufacturing, glue that's use to apply linings & laminates to neoprene, and other things. Rubatex is a neoprene that does not contain thiourea.

Wetwear made me a beautiful wetsuit. It was costly (almost $1000), but it is as warm as toast I'm back in the water after spending $1500 in wetsuits I was allergic to and had to give away.

Back
Top Bottom