Best Camera Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The digital photos in those albums were mostly taken with my C-4040. The C-5050 hasn't even smelled salt water yet! :D

PT010 is a fine housing and many people have used them with no problem whatsoever. I used the PT010 for my C4040 initially but upgraded to Ikelite housing later on. Ikelite is not neccessarily better than PT010, just depends on what suit you more.
Ikelite does rated deeper, feel more robust, better o-ring design (in my opinion) with no groove so less chance of leaving behind dirt, hair, dust etc in the groove like PT010. However if you are meticulous about cleaning and inspecting o-ring, housing, PT010 is not a bad design either. You can also inspect the o-ring seal easier once you close the housing with Ikelite housing. The Ikelite does have bigger knobs so it is easier in big hands with gloves.
However it is a big package when add Ikelite arm. PT010 housing with Fisheye tray, for example, is quite a bit more compact.
Cost is also a big factor. Ideally it would be nice if you can play with either housing at least on land and see which one is more comfortable unfortunately that is not an option for most people.

Since Mgnau is from Kentucky, I'm not far from there in Texas and you are in Thailand, why don't we meet halfway, like maybe the Sea of Cortez and he can try out my PT-15, Beast's PT-010, both with Fisheye trays and your Ikelite rig so he can know for sure what he wants!

How's that??? :D :wink: :eek:ut:

Dee once bubbled...
Since Mgnau is from Kentucky, I'm not far from there in Texas and you are in Thailand, why don't we meet halfway, like maybe the Sea of Cortez and he can try out my PT-15, Beast's PT-010, both with Fisheye trays and your Ikelite rig so he can know for sure what he wants!

How's that??? :D :wink: :eek:ut:

Hmm, I was thinking Palau, may be one of those Polynesian islands would be a good halfway point!
By the way, I most likely will be in Irian Jaya (Indonesian side of Papau rather than Papua New Guinea), not quite half way but may be you could do a quick hop over here :) for a quick comparison!
Too bad, I was in Little Rock for a couple of years before I moved back here, it would be a lot easier to compare all the goodies then!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom