Best Buy For The Money

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice on getting the best drysuit for my money? I do not want to spend a fortune (yet), but I also do not want to be real cheap...I was thinking along the lines of $600.00-$900.00...for a good drysuit. I have been checking out Viking and Bare suits (Bare seems to give more for the money), but of course I want a quality suit. Any suggestions or comments? Thank you!

trtwaynelaw:
Does anyone have any advice on getting the best drysuit for my money? I do not want to spend a fortune (yet), but I also do not want to be real cheap...I was thinking along the lines of $600.00-$900.00...for a good drysuit. I have been checking out Viking and Bare suits (Bare seems to give more for the money), but of course I want a quality suit. Any suggestions or comments? Thank you!

I just ordered my drysuit from www.divetank.com. I got the Bare CD4 Pro Dry for $714, and a T-100 polar undergarment for $129. Shipping is $20 and if it doesn't fit your needs (for any reason) they will take it back for a full refund or a replacement - no questions asked. I ordered the suit yesterday and I should have it on my doorstep within 10-12 days. I did all my ordering thru Richard - he's a great guy. Give them a call.

**I am not affiliated, related to, date, or married to anyone that is associated with Divetank. I found them after doing some searches on this board and no one had a bad thing to say about them. I haven't actually received my suit yet, but thus far, the experience has been great.

PM my if you want more info.

Bare makes a super cheapo suit called the Nex-Gen which can be a steal if you find one with a decent fit. Avoid their ATR light, the fabric is way too thin.

Sportextreme.com sells Northern Diver suits which are also high quality for inexpensive prices.

616fun:
I just ordered my drysuit from www.divetank.com. I got the Bare CD4 Pro Dry for $714, and a T-100 polar undergarment for $129. Shipping is $20 and if it doesn't fit your needs (for any reason) they will take it back for a full refund or a replacement - no questions asked. I ordered the suit yesterday and I should have it on my doorstep within 10-12 days. I did all my ordering thru Richard - he's a great guy. Give them a call.

**I am not affiliated, related to, date, or married to anyone that is associated with Divetank. I found them after doing some searches on this board and no one had a bad thing to say about them. I haven't actually received my suit yet, but thus far, the experience has been great.

PM my if you want more info.

Dude, they have the ATR HD and XCD2 for free! I agree though, great prices and guarantee.

jonnythan:
Dude, they have the ATR HD and XCD2 for free! I agree though, great prices and guarantee.

I KNOW!!! And here I am dropping $714 :eyebrow: Actually they have them online that way because they are priced below the acceptable advertised price. Both are just out of trtwaynelaw's price range (they were just out of mine too).

trtwaynelaw:

I have used the O'Neill 7mm drysuit for 5 years with no problems. I paid about $700 for it and about $150 for DUI thermals.

--Matt

I have the Bare Nex-Gen. Bought it about a year ago for around $500 and the CT200 underwear for about $160. No complaints. Seems like a tough suit.

I was hoping to buy from Divetank but they had no prices on thier website. I don't buy the too low to advertise price reason. They have low prices for other suits. I will agree the CD4 pro at 714 if it fits well is a great deal. Went with an old model Oceanic flex from a diveshop for 550 and bought a bare ct-200. If they don't advertise a price they are open to wheeling and dealing.

ScubaSarus:
I was hoping to buy from Divetank but they had no prices on thier website. I don't buy the too low to advertise price reason. They have low prices for other suits. I will agree the CD4 pro at 714 if it fits well is a great deal. Went with an old model Oceanic flex from a diveshop for 550 and bought a bare ct-200. If they don't advertise a price they are open to wheeling and dealing.

The 'too low to advertise' is true. Several companies have a fixed pricing promotion scheme (i.e., you can't advertise the product for $200 less than suggested retail). You can sell the product for whatever price you want - you just can't publish it. There have been several threads on this board about the subject. Other business sectors have a similar business model. Divetank isn't making this rule - Bare is.

Again - the best bet for drysuit in my opinion is to talk to someone, not just order from the net. I spoke with a sales rep at Divetank and was very pleased with the level of service they provided. The other nice thing about Divetank is that they will take the suit back if aren't happy with it for any reason - and they will either refund your full purchase price or give you credit for another suit. So it's really no risk (other than I may lose $20 in shipping).

$550 is a great price for the Oceanic drysuit too. Again - I don't judge anyone's purchase - you are the one diving the suit. I don't agree with 'don't but because they don't have a price on the website' thing though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom