Best brand Micro SD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wader

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all.
I just bought a new GP Silver Hero3. I need to purchase some micros, but with so many brands/options, I was hoping for some suggestions. I was thinking 8 or 16GB, class 10. Are there some brands to stay away from, or are they all the same? Thanks in advance for your help.

They're all pretty reliable - probably way more reliable than most of the people on this board. I like SanDisk and I sure do like Amazon. Pop for at least a 16gb and have some fun.

As long as its class 10 you should be fine regardless of brand.
Beware thought that if you plan to record full HD at high FPS, 8gb is only good for bit less than one half hour.
I know this because I have a 8gb sandisk card myself which is fine for my rc planes, but Ill need a bigger one for diving...

Best Buy has the 32gb Sandisk Extreme\Plus on sale for 32.99. I just pick up 3 of them.

They're all pretty reliable - probably way more reliable than most of the people on this board. I like SanDisk and I sure do like Amazon. Pop for at least a 16gb and have some fun.
I had read on some tech forum there were some class 10 cards that were not really class 10 . . . I only buy from recognizable sellers and manufacturers so I have never had an issue.

If you go to GoPro's website, they have a list by make and model of preferred cards.

Sent from behind a pint of Guinness.

The one I posted is one of the recommended cards btw

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4

Back
Top Bottom