Best Boat for Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It would depend on where you're diving and how comfortable you feel you like to be during surface intervals. If money is no object, the Island Hopper and Delta designs would be great....whether in a lake or the open sea.

Glacier Bays are great, (motor cats for big Hawaiian waters)

wish ours was a 32' and that fuel was free.

I want to start a thread about why people ask "what the best___________ ?" Why ask what the best fins, dive boat, regulator or BC is or the best car or house or shoes or pain killer is?

This is the best dive boat--right here:

DSCF0040.jpg

Well, no, I am certain beyond doublt that this is the best dive boat:

DSCF0469.jpg

Nope, changed my mind, this is the best dive boat there could possibly be:

DSCF0046.jpg

No, wait, there is no BEST anything, so I got all of them!

Oh, the best regulator is a Royal Aqua Master.

N

he he.

I like number two the best.

and your garage is very orderly.

now, boat number ONE will make you the best diver...

Depends on where you are and what kind of diving you do. For here in SoCal, I've been looking at the Ospreys. http://www.ospreyboats.com/ Now it's just a matter of figuring out which bank to rob.

It depends on where you want to dive, how many you want to take, where you want to
keep it. If I won the Lotto, I'd have three: about a 14' soft-bottom inflatable (for Pt.
Lobos for the 80% of days when the tides are wrong to launch anything bigger), my
current 17' Boston Whaler (for the other 20%, and not having to schelp tanks out to
a slip), and something bigger, maybe a 27' Boston Whaler Challenger for bigger groups
or longer trips.

I hear Tiger Woods new megayacht has a trimix station.

Ya this is a tough question to answer....Im looking at getting a dive boat in the future for some Great Lakes Diving....Only problem is whats good in the ocean is not good in my big ol'pond. Lake Michigan waves pound boats relentlessly and with such frequency that lots of boats go down. we dont have rolling waves with a few seconds between them.

MntDiver....let me know when you figure out which bank....Im in and I have a fast car!!! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom