Best beginner dive Barbados and Windward Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My husband and I are newly certified (PADI) and cruising on our sailboat in the Caribbean. We are looking for the best beginner dive sites for us and best resort dive shops for our visiting adult children (not trained/not certified). Time is limited and with hurricane and human damage to the reefs, the guide books are not necessarily the best source for dive info. Suggestions on best dive/snorkel sites? Top ten? Thanks, Heather & Glenn

Hope I am not too late getting back to you....just found this.

I would recommend two dives in Barbados that are really great for beginners. One is Carlisle Bay and the other is the ship wreck, the PAMIR.

Do not let anyone talk you into trying to do the STAV. That wreck is in 130+ fsw and the currents can be ripping. Stick with the two above and you will be fine.

As for dive ops, I recommend my old stand by John Moore who runs Dive Barbados LTD. He should be on here as Sculpin.

How long will you be on island?? Need any info on things to do?

Back
Top Bottom