Best Bday Gift - iPodResQ... OMG this place rules!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I was playing at a conference recently in the mountains of SoCal - at the end of October. It got freezing overnight each of the three nights I was there.

When I was coming down the hill on Sunday, I grabbed the iPod off the seat, docked it in and noticed my screen had a big 'ol crack in it... HUH??? Guess the thing froze while sitting in the truck cab. Kinda bummed. Really bummed. It worked and played fine, except that I had to kinda guess and hunt blindly for the tracks.

In steps HBway-too-good-to-me-Dive-Chica

http://www.ipodresq.com/

For my Bday, a box showed up on my doorstep. It had simple instructions:

1) Put iPod in box
2) Fill out sheet (what you need done, etc... in my case replace screen)
3) Place sheet in box
4) Affix enclosed DHL label
5) Seal box
6) Call for pick up.

So last Friday (11/17... my Bday) I followed these 6 easy steps, DHL showed up at about 6:00 PM and picked it up off my porch.

THIS MORNING... as in Tuesday, 11/21 at 10:14 AM, it returns. New screen. Plays pefect. Looks great.

Unreal.

If I had a mountain of cash, I'd invest it in iPodResQ. This is the greatest thing I've ever seen. They have a user interface that lets you trace each step in the process, from pick-up, to "its been received" to "its on the work bench" to "its done, don't blink cuz it will be right over..."

I'm so shocked. What a great gift.

Chica - you so rule.

What a service. What a gift, what a friend.

Thanks!!!!!

---
Ken

:D

Mo2vation sans iPOD?....music-less?? No whay!! All of nature would abhor that vacuum.

I'm so glad the iPOD resuscitation worked like magic.

It was as smooth to set up as it was for you to use.

The site makes it easy to match up any model of iPOD with the repairs and parts needed. The incredibly friendly voice at the 1-800 number answered my couple of questions, I made the online order in about 3 minutes....and the race was on: Could the ResQ elves and the DHL Transporter pull this off before your Thanksgiving road-trip?

They didn't seem to even break a sweat :14: .

Mo2, you are welcome from every corner of my heart. Delighted to have been part of the happy event.

'Chica

P.S. Are we diving yet??

Gee, I wish you guys lived closer to me . . . I can just see Claudette plotting this, and reveling in the result.

iPod? Ken and Claudette... what are these things that you can't live without? I don't even have a cell phone. However, just wait til I get my pod casts of local species ready!

drbill:
iPod? Ken and Claudette... what are these things that you can't live without? I don't even have a cell phone. However, just wait til I get my pod casts of local species ready!
Fortune cookie says: You have no need of the answer until you have the question.

You, Dr. Bill, (island dwelling amphibious mammal that you are,) spend more time brushing you hair than you do DRIVING. What's your biggest traffic jam? Two opposing golf carts on Crescent Street and a toddler crying over a dropped ice cream cone!!!

What's you're longest drive to a local dive site?? 4.3 minutes???

We masochistic mainlanders, (spending unholy amounts of time in our 4-wheeled living rooms making disparaging comments about the ancestry and lack of intelligence of the fellow simians around us,) have a burning question: How to turn the challenge of driving in the big city into a good experience?

No. Make that a GREAT experience. One that's actually a pleasure to share.

Answer? 6 speakers, a subwoofer... and an iPOD full of amazing music.

Getting there becomes part of the fun.

iPOD in Avalon? Fuggedaboudit. Whistle and you're there.
Cellphone? Don't think so. Whistle louder and wave your arms.
Resist the 21st Century... parts of it are highly overrated. (Except dry gloves. Dry gloves RULE!!)

TSandM:
Gee, I wish you guys lived closer to me . . . .
Yes!
TSandMindreader:
I can just see Claudette plotting this, and reveling in the result.
You're right, it was very fun!! (Hey, how'd you get inside my head?:confused: One of the arrows in your quiver of teammate-skills? :14: ) Nice X-ray vision :)

Claudette

HBDiveGirl:
We masochistic mainlanders, (spending unholy amounts of time in our 4-wheeled living rooms making disparaging comments about the ancestry and lack of intelligence of the fellow simians around us,) have a burning question: How to turn the challenge of driving in the big city into a good experience?

No. Make that a GREAT experience. One that's actually a pleasure to share.

Answer? 6 speakers, a subwoofer... and an iPOD full of amazing music.

Getting there becomes part of the fun.

What is your commute, HB-I-get-in-3-songs-gurl? HB to Torrance... Uh, lemmie see.

OK - it takes as long as DrB if he stops in to chat for 5 minutes with Herbie.

:rofl3:

Commute...? please.

And me - I work from home. Bunnie slippers from rack to desk.

But traveling? An essential - for sure.

This Holiday weekend - nearly 600 miles. Music of my choice, what a blessing. Thanks again for making this happen before my big trip. :10: You rule!

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom