Best BCD for the Ladies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife tried on darn near every BCD in a number of stores. She finally settled on the Seaquest Diva XLT. She is happy with the fit and comfort. Ever since she broke her shoulder and collar bone in a skiing accident she has had one "droopy" shoulder. She found the Diva XLT to be the only one of those she tried on that she could adjust comfortably on that shoulder.

She has to try it on. She might even find that the one she likes best fits best isn't a "ladies" model.

If you're thinking about buying a BC before she gets certified, I'd wait. Make sure she likes diving first, and she will also have a better idea of what to look for.

I have a Seaquest Libra and a BP/W... I dive the bp/w unless I'm in the pool with students then the Libra is GREAT!

Rachel

Thanks for all the advice!!!! Surely helps a lot hearing it from people that use the product them selves. I will not purchase a BC before she is qualified... maybe she hates diving and I already wasted money on the course and gear I already bought... you know... it will never be a waste... she can still snorkel in the gear she has and does not have to scuba if she hates it...

What is your opinion on the Mares Kaila? Does any of you dive with that?

Zeagle Lazer

Essentially a Zeagle Stiletto that has been re-cut to fit women better.

My better half bought the Diva, because she loves the cross your heart bra set up ,she believes that keeps the bc from moving around as much as her Mares Vector did at depth

I have a Diva LX as well and it is fine, but I'm beginning to feel that it is a little too bulky. I am moving past my newbie desire to carry every gadget in the book, and those huge pockets are more than I need. I will continue to use it in the meantime, but I can see myself going BP/W eventually.

My first BC was a Diva and before I had 20 dives on it, I knew I was unhappy. Not only was the "bra thingy" completely worthless for me, but the bulkiness felt like it hindered me constantly.

I did a lot of reading and research, and was seriously looking at the Transpac for my new BC. It was about that time when my LDS got a Zena in stock, and I knew the minute I saw it and tried it on that I had found the BC for me. I love it's minimalist design, the wing style, and how the bodice (corset) fits so beautifully when adjusted and fitted properly. My BC and tank never move on my body when I'm diving, and frankly I never have to waste time adjusting it at depth or while diving at anytime.

For me, if there weren't a Zena, I'd go with the BP/W.

sucker4scuba:
Thanks for all the advice!!!! Surely helps a lot hearing it from people that use the product them selves. I will not purchase a BC before she is qualified... maybe she hates diving

Yeap, I think I will wait as well.

But if you then decided to get her a BC, you can look into Oceanic ISLA. My girlfriend likes it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom