Best base to dive Phi Phi, Koh Bida and Shark Point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

martinetti

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello, We are looking for a suggestion as to where would be the best place to stay for diving Phi Phi, Koh Bida and Shark Point in three days? We were thinking about Ao Nang or Railey... any thoughts?

Why not stay on Phi Phi?

Travel time to the Bida Islands just off Phi Phi Leh is only about 30 minutes and you can do a trip to Shark Point and even Hin Daeng/Hin Muang (depending on the time of year).

Accomodation is available to suit all budgets as well as restaurants catering to most food cravings and lots to do when you are not diving.

For sure if I wanted to dive around Phi Phi, I would stay in Phi Phi. The local dive sites are very close, just a half day trip. There are day trips to Shark Point and the King Cruiser wreck, day trips to Hin Daeng too.

Phi Phi was my first thought too, if those are the principal dive sites you are interested in. Having said that, however, you could stay in the Krabi area or on Phuket and dive these sites as well, though the boat journeys will be longer. At Krabi, I'd say you will find more dive shops, and therefore more possibility of a boat going out from Ao Nang to the sites you want on the day you want to dive than you would from Railay. From Phuket, you can find boats going to those sites most days.

Yes, Phi Phi is an option, but so are Ao Nang and Phuket.

And personally I would not stay on Phi Phi, too much of a party island for me. Of course you can avoid that, but still. So Ao Nang that the OP mentions is a good choice IMO.

Do you have any suggestions regarding accomodations or dive center?

Do you have any suggestions regarding accomodations or dive center?

In which place? We've discussed so far:
1) Phi Phi
2) Ao Nang
3) Railay
4) Phuket

[-]Some[/-] All of us giving you information here run dive centres, so we would naturally like you to come to one of us :wink:

Hello. Will be in Phuket on a family holiday in April...I will only be able to manage a couple of days diving, so this being the case, what are the must do dive sites for me on this trip? Thanks.

That depends on your preferences of course, and on your dive experience. How many dives have you done so far, what is your level of certification, how long ago since you have been diving?
Do you like wrecks, coral reefs, walls? Would you like to take a gamble and the chance to see something special (which could end up seeing nothing), or do you prefer nice and relaxed diving?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom