Best backup light? Scout?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaoren:
Yeah, but one of the diver on our local board tested them:

Going by your previous post about being back in the cave, how much would your life be worth? I certainly hope that it's more than the 159 Euro$. :eyebrow:

A $20 flash light will get you out of a cave. Most people don't need 14 hours of burn and a lot of lights will satisfy the purposes of a backup light.

That said, if I were rich enough to blow $1000 bux on 4, I would. But I'd rather take that money and go diving. :)

BigWhiteSquare:
Kinda hard to tell from their website, is there an "eye" on the butt end of the Heser for attaching a bolt snap?
Yup, there is...

The Heser is the best handheld light I've come across. It can be very comfortably used as a primary for a night dive, and it burns forever as has been pointed out.

I use a couple as backups and loan them to customers for night dive primary lights. The Hesers are simply awesome.

As stated, Gulftex will be coming out with an LED insert sometime this year, I think the target was Christmas time. They also have plans for a short version, which would be great if coupled with a powerful LED.

JimC:
A $20 flash light will get you out of a cave. Most people don't need 14 hours of burn and a lot of lights will satisfy the purposes of a backup light.

That said, if I were rich enough to blow $1000 bux on 4, I would. But I'd rather take that money and go diving. :)
Took the words out of my mouth.

Jason--My light is bigger than your light!! :D :D

SparticleBrane:
Jason--My light is bigger than your light!! :D :D
I somehow doubt that....

See ya Sat.

JimC:

Some can have the lights AND go diving. To each their own. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom