Best area(s) around Curacao to stay near restaurants/bars/nightlife?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I call it Varsenbaai too as that's what it was when we dove there. I noticed someone recently using Trunk Bay so thought it had changed.

You knew what I meant... :( :shakehead:

I did, because I live and dive in Curacao, but I can imagine that people less familiar with the island may get a little confused :wink:!

my suggestion would be do one of two things...
1 base out of a resort or air b n b rental near Williamstadt and use the dive bus or other group to take you to shore sites/boat dives. I think it would cost substantially more in total and you don't have the freedom of a rental car but still many great dives and you have one less thing to worry about regarding rental car.
2 The other would be to get a rental car and stay in Lagun or Westpunt and self cater most of your tank rentals/dives/food. Personally I think getting a rental car unless you are staying in a place with no nearby parking is a no brainer based on the cost savings of doing your own dives. I think I spent around $300 for a car for 10 days and then spent about $8-10 a tank, verses $80-120 for a 2 tank dive by boat or using the dive bus. Not disparaging either of those options, they have a lot of great reviews, I am just cheap and like the freedom to explore.

if you are just diving a few times/tanks it might make more sense to do option one, but for longer trips or more diving the second choice tends to get you more choices, better value in my experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom