Best Alaska Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kate-
Alaska is a great place to dive. There are several places on the Kenai Peninsula to dive and accessible by road systems. There is Seward and I can very HIGHLY recommend the 'Dive Shop' in Sterling Alaska. Ed Linquist charters divers to Seward and there you will do some amazing diving around Fox Island and other places. Homer offers some great dives there as well and I would recomend 'The Last Frontier Dive Shop' for charters there. If you wanted to go the extra mile to dive in a wonderful place-I would say come out to Dutch HArbor (the Aleutians). There is awsome WWII finds and sites to see. It is a common dive to have several 6 - 12 foot Stellar Sea Lions swarm around you, or see the 8 - 20 pound king crab. :D .

If you want more solid contact info for Luic and Ed let me know I will get their info.

Myke

I would love to dive Ketchikan. I lived there for a while when I was a kid. Talk about rain. Makes Seattle look like the Sahara. 13ft per year if I recall correctly. Craig? As in 'Prince of Whales Island'? Used to fish for silvers there on the Lewis River and... that other river (been too long). I was only 13 last time I was there. Thanks for posting this info DiveSherpa. I'ts more incentive to visit again.
-Ben

Hi all, this winter I am going to keep my eyes open for cheap last-minute fares to Alaska. I would want to go where I can dive of course.Any ideas?
-kate

Hi Kate, when your looking for deals check out http://www.alaskaair.com for fares and web specials. Flight 65 out of Seattle goes to Ketchikan, Wrangell, Petersburg, Juneau, and Anchorage. If you want to do a layover in Wrangell you're welcome to dive with us! We can provide tanks & wts & air. Wrangell has sea lions, old docks (steamship china/bottles), walls, and scallops-it's lots of fun:D I would also suggest Ketchikan and have Alan or Saunya from Wind & Water take you to Mt. Point-it's a cool dive. Juneau has some great wrecks, (Princess Kathleen, Princess Sophia) but getting to them this time of year is iffy, contact a shop in Juneau called "The Scuba Tank" as they run charters to the wrecks. If you get up to Seward try diving the "Fox Island Wreck", Mary's Rock, and Barwell Island-all great dives. Hope this helps...

Poog

Back
Top Bottom