Best (Affordable) Dive Operators in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DenverCoJeff

Reaction score
Hello All! Great forum here!

I asked this question in the new member/greets area, but wanted to clarify here. I'm diving on a package from 1 Aug - 4 Aug but am staying for an additional 3 days out of my pocket til the 7th. I couldn't afford Bonair for my first trip - so it is to be Cozumel.

Any suggestions on a good dive shop that has very affordable packages?

Thanks!

Jeff

I went to Mexico in March and dove with Alison. Let me tell you that she is running a first class operation. I can not wait to go back to dive with her again. The comments on her guestbook do not begin to describe how great she really is. Read other peoples comments here: Alison's Guestbook

For more information about diving with Alison, check out her website...
http://www.scubawithalison.com/

I believe she is charging $50 for a 2 tank Dive Trip. She operates off of a small boat wich holds up to 6 divers. This is great because she can provide more indivual attention because you do not have the masses of people diving around you.

She is really good about answering email messages. Usually within 24 hours.

I could go on, but I think you get my opinion.

HTH

Mike

I believe she worked at Dive Palancar for a few years before opening her own shop. If this is the case, I've heard nothing but rave reviews.......

If your only option is Sand Dollar Sports: go snorkelling (if you get my meaning) Padi has a copy of my letter I sent them, you can e-mail me if you want details mike@compmore.net

mike

I just returned from Cozumel last Sunday and had a great experience with Blue Angel. 8 to a boat--good dive masters. $53 for a two tank dive. Santa Rosa Wall and Columbia Wall is excellent. 84 degrees at 93 feet.

Have fun.

Ed

They are very accomodating. Small, fast boats were a little tough on this old man's back but it can't be worse than mountain bikes. Never had more than 5 divers + DM.

...and dove with Aqua Safari. A first-class operation all the way around.

My all time favorite dive op....Caballito del Caribe Safe operations, fast six-pak boats, excellent DM's.

Sound familiar? We all have our favorites and the truth is they are all good. Yes, there are some that I won't even get on the boat with but the ops that you continually see recommended are the ones we trust....

Caballito's
Papa Hogs
Blue Angel

The average price is $50-55 for a 2 tank boat dive. One of the popular ops for experienced divers is Living Underwater. They are a little higher but they use 120 steel tanks for long bottom times.

Whichever op you choose, be honest about your experience level, to yourself and the dive op. Listen closely to the dive briefings and follow the DM's instructions. Remember that the dive ops want you to have a great time so the rules they have are there for a reason for the diving in Coz, not to control your diving in any way.

Have a great time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom