Bermuda Dive April 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THX1138

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello: Will be in Bermuda during April 2008 for 5 days. If anyone wishes to offer the following, it greatly appreciated:

1. Dive Ops: Will be in Hamilton for 3 days and St. George for 2 days.

2. Best wreck sites.

3. Best places to eat, all types (High to Low)

Thanks in advance: John

Dive op: "Dive Bermuda"-located at the Hamilton Princess
(??not sure regarding St. George dive Op)
Be sure to contact them in advance-AFAIK,. April is not as much of "dive season' as on islands further south.-Also-a 5mmfull suit, or more, may be needed-depending on your individual tolerance for cold.

favorite wrecks: Constellation, Lartington (sp?), L'hermennie (sp?) among others

Dive Bermuda aslo has a shop in Southhampton-and they go to a variety of south side wrecks: Hermes, mari celeste, Minnie Bresslauer.

restaurants: Hog Penny Inn in Hamilton- an "Olde English" style inn-not fancy, just good!
Enjoy your trip

I like Blue Water Divers better than Dive Bermuda. Blue water let you do your own thing and they were cheaper. Dive Bermuda made us follow the dive master. I would really rather do my own thing when I can, so I like Blue Water better. I second the cold water. There is no such thing as a cheap meal except Kentucky Fried Chicken. Just don't try to go while school is letting out. Apparently it is the cool spot on the island. Have a good time.

I don't believe Dive Bermuda is operating from the Hamilton Princess any longer. I might be wrong about this. That leaves Town/Hamilton realitively unserved. It sounds like you're visiting on a cruise ship. I'm sure they will have arranged with one of the op's to pick up. In St. Georges, you'll be diving with Triangle Diving.

Eats:

In Hamilton I like Harbourfront(sushi and full menu), Bolero(richer sauced dishes and sea food), Bistro-J(slightly more afordable because of a limited daily menu), Hog Penny(pub food and atmosphere), L'Oriental(sushi and asian),La Trattoria makes a better pizza than Portofino's of the middle of the road Italian Restaurants. Does that give you enough to choose from?

Hope you enjoy your visit

Hello: Thanks for all the info. Will bring 5mm gold core, beanie, etc.

Also, will check on which dive ops operating.

Again, thanks to all for responses. John

thx1138,
if you have the time, go to a place called the swizzle inn.
it is a nice spot for lunch.
they also serve a drink called ''the swizzle in''.
one can purchase a shirt that says "swizzle in" on the front.
it says ''swagger out'' on the back.
regards,

Hello: Had a good time in Bermuda. Favorite dives on South Shore:

Hermes: Now an artificial reef, the Hermes, once a US built freighter is one of the few wrecks that lies upright, intact and in 75ft of water.

Minnie Breslauer: Wrecked during its maiden voyage on New Years Day in 1873 this 300ft English freighter should be on your list

If in Hamilton, try The Spot Restaurant- Local with great specials, curry and jerk turkey or chicken, at a very reasonable price. John

PS The Swizzle Inn is a great place near St. George, and Carraige House Restaurant in St. George.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom