Bering Sea Gold--Just as we thought it would

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

covediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Nome Gold Fever Prompts Troopers, Coast Guard to Gear Up | Alaska Dispatch

If you have seen this show, please don't be inspired and go to Nome to look for gold. As with every gold rush, the people making the big money are the ones selling supplies and logistics.

By the way, not all Alaskans are the a-holes that you see portrayed on the reality TV shows. Some of us are actually worse; most are better.

I would like to blame Palin, just can't figure out how to make the connection. She was actually a decent governor before she went Hollywood on us.

Saw some of these, no way I would try to do this sort of diving.

Nome Gold Fever Prompts Troopers, Coast Guard to Gear Up | Alaska Dispatch

If you have seen this show, please don't be inspired and go to Nome to look for gold. As with every gold rush, the people making the big money are the ones selling supplies and logistics.

By the way, not all Alaskans are the a-holes that you see portrayed on the reality TV shows. Some of us are actually worse; most are better.

I would like to blame Palin, just can't figure out how to make the connection. She was actually a decent governor before she went Hollywood on us.

After watching the first season, I imagined that this summer up there would look like the scenes from the movie Jaws where all the rubes are piling into everything that floats to go kill the shark...

I was bored one afternoon, watched a few back to back episodes.. some of the stuff I saw, and comments made about diving left me cringing. Someone is going to get hurt in the name of ratings..

I was bored one afternoon, watched a few back to back episodes.. some of the stuff I saw, and comments made about diving left me cringing. Someone is going to get hurt in the name of ratings..

I have watched several of the episodes myself. I am currently in the early stages of production on another diving "reality" show and most crazy stuff is staged. Just being honest with you. I am contractually bound not to discuss the things we do, but I can say we make mountains out of molehills. Just part of "entertainment." Most of the guys doing my show aren't certified like myself and they are willing to do stuff that I won't do due to the danger. Don't buy the stuff they are selling on the show.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom