Bequia vs Carriacou diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'll be on an Island Windjammers cruise going to Bequia and Carriacou in the next couple of weeks and want to do one day of diving during the boat trip. Any recommendations re Bequia vs Carriacou? We'll be diving in Grenada before we fly home so we're covered there. My dive buddy and I are AOW and just want to see some cool stuff. Bonaire is our favorite dive spot but we also appreciate beaches hence this trip.

Can't speak to Bequia (other than the short airfield hugging a steep cliff!!!)

But I would dive Sisters Rock and Tropical Hill in a heartbeat in Carriacou.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I can speak only to Bequia. Lots of good diving, we use Dive Bequia. Favorite sites The Wall, Moon Hole Wreck, Boulders, Ship Stern, Rocky Bay to Devils Table if you like a combination of muck and reef. Beautiful sponges, soft coral, small critters . . .frog fish, seahorses, pipe fish, stingrays on the wreck, barracuda schools, turtles. We've been diving Bequia for a week or two for twelve years and it's one of our favorite Islands.

Happy Diving, Enjoy the diving on Grenada too, Cat

Thanks for the recommendations! Mikeycanuk, who did you dive with in Carriacou? We're looking at Deefer Diving based on SB recos.

Deefer Diving is great!!

It's been a few years since I've been to Bequia, but at the time, I was enchanted. I was enchanted by the pretty gardens and a plethora of small critters, numerous eels all out and big lobsters. The day we went shark hunting we were unsuccessful.

In April I was in Carriacou. I saw things whilst diving there that I've never seen before. Unfortunately, a number of the sites are being overgrown by algae. There aren't enough parrotfish to keep on top of it, I guess because while there are lots of fish, there's no parrotfish. That said, there's also some champagne bubbles action. Two or more sites have gas bubbles coming up from the sand due to the proximity of a volcano.

I love the island of Carriacou, which is not to take anything away from Bequia, as they are somewhat similar.

Any recommendations on places to stay in Carriacou?

Back
Top Bottom