Bequia Info??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My goodness, nobody has said anything about the Bequia boats. One of the industries on the island is building exquisitely detailed, beautiful wooden model boats. Everybody I know who has ever been there has come home with a Bequia boat . . . including us. It is great fun to go to the places where they make them and see the unfinished boats and admire the process, and take a lovely long time to select the one you want to take home.

The beaches are gorgeous, even if the little green crabs scared my seven year old stepdaughter to death.

We bought really beautiful hand-screened T-shirts there. Mine had a stunning orange and black crab on it, and I still have the shirt over a decade later.

On our sailboat trip through the Grenadines, Bequia and Petit St. Vincent were my favorite stops.

We didn't dive then, so I can't comment on that.

BenjieBrown - the report was very informative, thanks.

However since that post was over 3 years ago I was wondering if anyone out there had some updated info on Bequia.

We are going next March to dive. We are staying at the Sugarapple Inn and probably diving with Bequia Dive Adventures.

Any info on bars, restaurants, events, or tours we should include/avoid is helpful.

Thanks

Any recent trip reports on Bequia? I'm looking at going the second week in May and diving with Bequia Dive Adventures. Considering the Gingerbread or Sugarapple Inn. Any updated info is greatly appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom