Belize with 10 people....need advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds just like here. We've just had heavy rain again so I imagine the bugs will be terrible in the morning.

Actually we have 15 to 20 knot breezes blowing and no bugs for the last week. This caye is narrow so when the breezes crank, it blows them all away. And my wind generators make me lots of electricity for free as well.

Thatch Caye belize,
How would a person get way out there from the belize international air port?

Hey Bubba1 and welcome to Scubaboard. What dive shop do you own? It's good to see more Belizeans, or, "just another gringo in Belize" on board here. I may actually get to meet another SBer someday soon.

I'd say the best way to get to Thatch is to fly down to Dangriga. They'll arrange to pick you up in town and take you out. Or, get in your boat and head south. It's just inside (west) of Tobacco Caye by a couple miles.

Actually Elbert, Hank and I have been planning a trip over there together.

I just returned from belize and stayed at Ramon's Village. It was amazing and the staff was fantastic. Ramon's is close to town and you can walk anywhere. The dive shop and Dive Masters were wonderful to be with. Our diving was fantastic and our dive master had an extensive knowledge of the sea life and reef.
What I liked most about Ramon's is that you felt like you had your own private part of the beach. The atmospher Ramon's creates is just amazing and relaxing. We enjoyed our stay and dives with Ramon's and would return in a heartbeat.
The rooms were clean, the food was fantastic, and the service was wonderful. You won't go wrong if you stay at Ramon's!

Back
Top Bottom