Belize or Bonaire or Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did Belize in March and it was very good, but pricey. Bonaire and Curacao are probably good year around. Bay islands are also good in March--why exclude them?

Belize. I came here 11 years ago, did a dive and it was so good, I moved here.

Ok, ok....I came here because I was offered a job, but it is nice. And we need the tourism.

Which one should I choose to go diving in March?
thanks..

we need a bit more information about you...

how many dives per day do you want to do?
do you like boat dives or shore dives?
do you want to do 2 dives in the am, then do other activities in the afternoon?
are you going alone or with another diver?
what type of hotel/resort are you looking for? luxury? Holiday Inn? rustic?
what is your price range?
what do you want to see? big fish? macro?
do you shoot photos?

robin:D

yes, yes, no! (well not again...)

my belize experience is only on peter hughes liveaboard about 5? times. once with peter aboard. always good diving. liveaboards are the laziest way to go.

my recent read of the land based belize ops (via undercurrent) makes me happy that i have only done liveaboards there. your mileage may vary.

bonaire is the ultimate easy diving, very low effort.

curacao is in a different bracket for us. not as diving focused.

so what do you really want?

I have done Belize in March and was great!!

I have done Bonaire in March and was great!!

I have done Curacao in March and was great!!

You have to do all 3 at some point in your diving career.

You're not going to go wrong with any of the above..

Enjoy wherever you decide to go!

my belize experience is only on peter hughes liveaboard about 5? times. once with peter aboard. always good diving. liveaboards are the laziest way to go.

my recent read of the land based belize ops (via undercurrent) makes me happy that i have only done liveaboards there. your mileage may vary.
I have two trips on the Aggressor, and I agree that that is the way to go. However, it would be a mistake to dump all the land-based operations in the same bin. My trip to Turneffe Island Resort was great, and the diving was great. The Elbow, perhaps the best dive site in Belize, is a 5-minute skiff ride away. I would imagine there are other good land-based operations out on the atolls, but the Turneffe Island Resort enjoys almost uniformly good reviews from its customers--do a search. Based on what I have heard and read, I would not expect the same caliber of diving from the resorts on the mainland.

Hi

Thanks. So are you are dive master ?

Yes, and an instructor too. I came here from the Philippines but not to work in the dive industry. I tried that living on Boracay but had to put three kids through college so I took another job in my other profession, which is shrimp farming.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom