Belize Opportunity for the right person...

Scuba Vacations: What matters most?

• Location/Convenience/Ease of Booking

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Availability of Other Activities

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chazb1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Newly-Built Belize Scuba Diving and Kite Board Eco-Resort near the world famous “Blue Hole.”

Sound like a great vacation spot?

Oh, and there’s no real lodging competition.

Sound like a great investment or timeshare purchase?

Read on…

Hi. My name is Chaz Bartelt. I am a kite boarder and scuba diver and my wife and I have just loved our vacations to Belize. The people are great. The language isn’t an issue. The whole country is laid back, yet safe. It’s very, very beautiful. And, it offers those who enjoy the water (scuba enthusiasts, snorkelers, kite boarders, etc.) some of the rarest spots to visit and enjoy on the planet. It’s an ecological paradise. We’d move there tomorrow if we could.

So, we are trying to.

And, you can too…

We are seeking similar-minded individuals (and purely eco-conscious speculative investors) to partner together and purchase the first/last(?)/only ecologically friendly resort with diving and kite boarding facilities, lodging, and a full restaurant and bar off the coast of Belize. It is currently for sale for $1,975,000 USD. Seller will finance at 2% interest, with 25% down for 5 years. There are 26 units in the lodging area. It is fully constructed and ready to go. It has not opened to the public. It is surrounded by eco-development housing for retirement/rental/expats/investors. It is only somewhere between a few yards to a few miles to some of the greatest dive locations on the planet. It is 7 miles from the famous "blue hole,” named by Jacques Cousteau as one of the four “Must Dive” locations in the world. The property has a full service restaurant and bar. There is a dive shop area with pier. There is space for a kite board operation and great local winds.

Belize is only a few hours by air from most southern US cities, on the Yucatan peninsula. Lighthouse reef atoll is 60 miles or so east of the coast of Belize, about 90 minutes by boat; that is why this resort site is so important to divers, as it make diving the reef sites (there are so many) and the blue hole much more convenient than staying on shore or on one of the nearer cayes and having to spend hours in a boat every day of your vacation. For kite boarders, the atoll offers shallow waters, a good beach right off the property with favorable winds (our web site has an average wind speed chart by month for there that would make any kite board enthusiast happy!), long down winders are safe within the atoll and launch/recovery by boat can make a visit to the blue hole possible for the kite boarders, as well.

The only competing resort is on a different nearby island and is, quite frankly, nowhere near the quality of this property. They also have fewer rooms, and they charge up to $2000pp/wk. Click on the links below to see the reviews of this “competition,” and you will understand why I am so excited at the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a new resort in the same atoll area.

Fodor's (scroll down do read guest reviews)

Tripadvisor.com

There are no other islands nearby and no more room for any further competition on the two islands. Sure, there are some private homes and cabins for rent on the islands in the area. Some of these are even not too far from the resort. But they cannot match the amenities and beauty of the resort property. And, many travelers prefer not to do everything “on their own,” when they can have it all in one spot.

Dreaming? Perhaps, but read on…

My goal is to acquire the property with the seller funding the 75%, and working (or non working) partners, myself included, for the 25% balance. Then, sell the lodging units as timeshare condos/rentals, if economically feasible. The dive shop, kite board school/rental, and restaurant/bar will be leased out to others (local) if there are not equity partners to run/manage them. I will assume overall property management for the partnership, be responsible for lodging/occupancy/tenancy/accounting/legal/overall operations and coordination and live on site.

The ideal coming together of partners would, I think, be the following:

1) A current dive shop owner and dive instructor who wants to pull up stakes and can come to the resort and run the diving ops. Previous dives to lighthouse reef atoll and the Blue Hole would be ideal. Employees who would like to come with would be helpful to start. Local help would be a good addition, too. You'll have to purchase/lease you own dive boat. As stated earlier, this resort is not a purchase of a current operation, but a new, unopened facility. Boats must anchor at the Northeast pier (which is the only pier and happens to be right next to the resort) or designated moorings around the atoll for reef preservation. There is an inland safety harbor in case of bad weather (only). All equipment will need to be brought in. I AM POSTING HERE AND AT OTHER SCUBA SITES IN THE HOPES OF FINDING THAT INDIVIDUAL...

2) A current kite board shop/school owner/instructor who is looking to move the business or just wants to live somewhere further south.

3) A restaurateur who has current retail operations in the U.S. or the Caribbean (ideally, Belize...).

4) A travel agent/resort sales person to assist in "keeping things full/keeping things flowing."

5) Me. I, along with my wife, will manage overall resort lodging operations. As a kite boarder and scuba diver, I can understand the needs of these parts of the resort and can help, if necessary. My wife has over 20 years of front and back of house foodservice and bar experience, and can assist this area. I have over 24 years of experience in hotel management, restaurant management and bar management, so I can offer assistance there as well.

Also, for working partners, there are opportunities to live on site. If you prefer not to, there are Very reasonably priced home sites nearby (from $15,000 US), and (like the resort), the developer will finance at 2% with 25% down.

If ANY of the above sounds interesting to you, and you would like more information, as a potential equity investor, working equity partner, employee who will work for equity/room/board/small salary/chance of a lifetime: contact me.

Or, as an eco-driven vacationer, a kite boarder, or a scuba diver, who wants the experience of a lifetime: contact me.

I will not call back trying to sell you something, or be pushy in any way. I will simply provide further information, answer any questions you may have, and can email you a link to my website to give you even more information.

I know I am not the most eloquent person on the planet (just ask my wife...), so if you've read this far, and are still awake, this concept must have some appeal to you.

So, send me an e-mail, fax a letter of interest, or just give me a ring.

I appreciate your interest and hope to hear from you soon!

Sincerely,

Chaz Bartelt
chazb29@gmail.com
Cell: 1-262-672-4473
FAX: 1-501-648-4473

If you've ever been to Belize and stayed for very long you will know why; quickly!

bslaughter:
If you've ever been to Belize and stayed for very long you will know why; quickly!

Why? Have only been to Belize from a dive boat.....just a few hours before back onboard the cruise ship.

What's the scoop?

evad:
OK, I give. Why?

Me too....??

Belize is an excellent dive destination, everything you could ask for, very reasonable, beatiful country, gorgeous reefs, miles and miles of snorkeling/diving reefs, rays, sharks, corals, and not over crowded or too "touristy" or too expensive.

The developer is running into the usual cash flow problems developers run into: when the wide-eyed idealism gets a wake up slap in the face from lower than expected housing lot sales/starts on the island. Besides, he never intended to own/run it himself, just build it and sell it off at a profit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom