Belize March 07 Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

renthal

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We went to Turneffe Flats, www.tflats.com the last week in March. Great secluded oasis on the Turneffe Atoll. They cater to divers, fly fisher people, and snorkelers.

My wife has a lot of topside photography experience, and is new to underwater photography. We take the teamwork approach, I make sure the camera stays dry, she shoots, and I am learning Photoshop to post process her work.

She has a Sea & Sea DX-8000G with a YS-55 Strobe. She likes the short auto-focus delay, I like the 8.1 megapixels for cropping. Comments are welcomed.

Spotted Toad Fish
SB1a.jpg

Juvi Spotted Drum
SB3a.jpg

Spotted Dolphins
SB2a.jpg

Impressive works! Keep the pictures coming! :)

Great pics, thanks for posting. I especially like the dolphins :)

How many pics did she take of the Juvi, Spotted Drum? Those buggers are quick and hard to get a shot of, especially with a digital (with a little delay).

Alll are nice.

On pics 1 and 2 it look like there is no water! Was it shalow? How was the vis?
Beautiful!

Dang, those look good.

I just came back from Belize myself. For some reason my underwater disposable didn't quite capture the wildlife as well. I got some great shots of blue fog, though.:wink:

Thanks for the kind words. With all the great work we see on this site, I didn't think our work was good enough yet.

The first 2 pictures were in about 40 feet of water, vis was over 100.

The toad fish was a rare find, the dive master was clicking a beaner to get him out of his hole.

My wife said she has studied the movement of the spotted drum, so she leads the shot. I think she has supernatural fish reading skills.

I'll post more soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom