Belize liveaboard, Aggressor or Dancer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

koozemani

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm in the middle of planning a liveaboard trip to Belize and was wondering if anyone has experienced both the Aggressor and Dancer boats? The reason I ask is that I noticed a ~$500 per person difference in price. Money isn't much of an object, but if quality is equal, then why pay the difference.

This trip will be a late honeymoon and will include a week in Placencia. If there is a quality difference in the cabins, food, service, atmosphere, etc... Then we have no problem shelling out the dough.

If someone could outline any differences between the two boats I'd really appreciate it.

ps. This will also be our first liveaboard.

Kooze,
I've done the Belize Aggressor three times and it is a great boat, however for the price the Sun Dancer dives the same spots. They usually anchor with in sight of each other and the crews inter change. The Dancer is larger and seems to cater to a younger group probably due to price. We go down the day before and stay at the Radisson. Both boats moor at the Radisson pier. The Blue Hole is a dark cold up/down affair that having done it once is just not worth it. Both boats are good. Enjoy.

I've done the Dancer and it is very nice as well. I especially liked the land tours included and the great food. As was said before, they visit the same sites.

Thanks for the replies. If both are comparable, then I'm leaning toward the Dancer.

Tajkd, what land tours were included?

Doubler, even having never done it, that's kinda how I feel about the blue hole. I know the mrs would be happier on a reef with pretty little fish.

We finally did the Blue Hole on our last trip. The trips before that they let us dive the reef around the rim but for some reason they would not let us on that trip. The fringe reef is nice. The differences between the boats besides price, is the Dancer has larger cabins smaller dive deck. Aggressor has a larger dive deck and camera table. It also seemed to me that the Dancer was the "party" boat while the Aggressor was more laid back. I can't stand a lot of drinking and that appears to happen on the Dancer, could be wrong, but ......

I do like the idea of larger cabins, but then again, a larger dive deck also sounds good. The drinking I can handle, as long as it doesn't go all night.

The rim reef and maybe a short jaunt over the edge would be mire our speed. No desire to go deep to see cave features.

When I was debating about signing up for a trip on the Sun Dancer, I came across a thread from June that addresses the exact question you asked. It might be helpful to you. I'm new here, so don't really know how to post a neat link, so we'll see if this works:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/li...ts/384882-aggressor-fleet-v-dancer-fleet.html

If that link from this unexperienced poster doesn't work, the thread was called "Aggressor Fleet V. Sun Dancer Fleet" so if you enter that in the search, I'm sure you will find it.

I did sign up for my first Sun Dancer trip (through REEF.org), but it isn't until this upcoming May, so don't know much else. I hope you find the perfect trip for you!

I remember reading that thread when it cane out, but I couldn't find it again. Thanks for the link.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom