Belize Jungle tour (no diving)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lardo5150

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
We land in Belize for a day on our cruise.
Since I am diving every other spot, my wife is making me to a jungle tour with her :(

Anyways, looking for an operator to do a jungle tour or zip line kind of thing.
I have even seen options of a zipline/cave tube tour.

Can anyone recommend an operator in Belize that can accomodate cruise folks?
The cruise activities are crazy expensive and I am sure it will be a bus load of people.

Since you're coming in on a cruise ship, there will be no escaping the crowds. You'll land at "Tourism Village," the jumping off point for all things mainland.

My suggestion is go with the flow, take the bus to the cave tubing/zip line tour (same location) and have a blast.

Otherwise, you're going to hire a driver to take you to the same spot and you'll still be negotiating your way around the tour buses in the parking lot.

We didn't do the zip line, but we did go cave tubing a few weeks ago. Loved it.

Very cool, thanks. I was hoping to save 30 or 40 bucks by going with an operator on the island.
I have read a few things on action boys, but if you think the cruise ship operator is easier, maybe I will just do that.

I was hoping to save 30 or 40 bucks by going with an operator on the island

You need to check a map. You won't be anywhere near any islands you may have heard of.

Another point. If you "do your own thing" you'll find the cruise ship operator won't help at all with logistics, and may even hinder you by requiring you to disembark after their own tour customers and reembark before them. If by any misfortune you get back too late for the last appointed shuttle they will permit you to take they WILL leave without you. Not worth the risk.

You need to check a map. You won't be anywhere near any islands you may have heard of.

Another point. If you "do your own thing" you'll find the cruise ship operator won't help at all with logistics, and may even hinder you by requiring you to disembark after their own tour customers and reembark before them. If by any misfortune you get back too late for the last appointed shuttle they will permit you to take they WILL leave without you. Not worth the risk.

Sorry Peter i have booked many many crusie ship visitors for diving and inland tours and never had a problem with guests being left like you are saying, there are many tour companys that work independant of the cruise ship tour operators and they know you have to be back in time for the last shuttle and they ensure you are, with plenty of time to spare and it costs way less for both diving and inland tours the cruise ship companys would have you beleive that its best to book with them at there rates and thats understandable.

Gaz.

We did 2 tours with Discovery Expeditions (I think this is what they are called) and both trips were excellent (one was Barton Creek/Maya Pyramids, the other one to the Zoo). They have very good tour guys.

Thanks tarp, I will take a look at them today.
Any idea if they pick you up at the pier?

Gaz, would love to dive with you guys, but wife is making me do the jungle tour :)

Any opinions on the people tarp mentioned or do you know of anyone else for a jungle tour?

They will pick you up anywhere you tell them.

Gaz, would love to dive with you guys

Gaz doesn't live in Belize, let alone run diving here. A mistake easily made. Oh, and I KNOW of people who have been left behind because they were late getting back to their cruise ships from privately-arranged tours. Not a major risk if you're properly organised, but a risk nonetheless.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom