Belize in January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryssyr,

Have a great time on AC.
Be careful not to miss dive oportunities on account of the non-divers. You can spend time with them when you get home. You can't dive the second largest barrier reef in the world when you get home....(did that sound cold??)

As to Viva's comment: The diving right off of AC may be the worst diving in Belize. I would compare that to eating at the "worst" 5 star restaurant in NYC. I loved diving the canyons 15 minutes from my hotel. That said, Lighthouse Caye is the BEST diving I have done to date.

The Blue Hole was a great "been there, done that" dive. I think most who have been there agree. I am glad I went once.

If you have not selected a dive op yet I would highly recommend Amigos del Mar. Great people, great diving.

Would you bring me back a bottle of One Barrel and and a to-go order of fish tacos from Monkey Bites????

Have a wonderful trip!

Thanks for the tip! I will be eating a lot of fish tacos. I'll put one in my BC pocket for you.

I will post a link to pictures when I return. I will be there from the 20-27th.

Thanks becky for initiating the thread!

most of the divs begin in about 30 to 40 ft nice an shallow . 70 ft is about a max depth.so nice an comfy . ac has very nice diving. the reef is healthy ... nice variety of fish from blenny to groupers. turtles to eagle rays (love those). all 10 min away . the reef is about a quater mile from shore the more north u go the closer it gets. if u can do it while your here try turneffe elbow.. its the best we have ( my favorite).. wall dives, marine life like crazy well have fun diving .

Agreed, but you can go a lot deeper than 70ft, though of course you don't have to. There is a sloping bottom down to around 200ft, then a vertical wall to around 350ft where there's a shelf. Not sure what happens below that(!) but I believe it's a series of walls and shelves all the way down to the abyss.

Hey Ryssyr,

How about you put me in your BC pocket before you leave & i'll buy the fish tacos? :)
I can't wait to get back to AC. Wonderful place. I know you will have a great time!

I'm sure you've already seen the thread, but we just got back a few weeks ago from AC/Belize and the wife posted the trip report (http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/belize/215113-my-belize-trip.html). AC was very nice, good town, good people, and driving the golf carts over all the pot holes was a blast (though the wife has other things to say about my driving :eyebrow: ). We didn't go diving off of AC, but we did do the snorkel to Shark Ray Ally which had made us wish we were doing some diving. Definitely check out Elvis for lunch and/or dinner, it was very good.

Have a good time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom