Belize in April?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can any of you tell me what to expect on a trip during Holy Week (Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday)? This would be April 17 (full moon!) to 24th this year. Primary focus is on diving; to what extent are diving activities curtailed during this period? Thanks in advance.

Can't speak for the whole of Belize, but in San Pedro at least things continue as normal, and I expect that to be true elsewhere. On Good Friday bars won't be open until 6pm, but that's all. All activities continue regardless. Strangely, Easter Sunday, a far more important day in Christian theology than Good Friday, is a fully standard day. I don't know if that's normal in Catholic countries - in Britain only serious Christians take notice of Good Friday, whereas Easter Day is widely recognised and many businesses normally open on sundays are closed.

Back
Top Bottom