Belize for me and my non-diving wife/kids?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might look into Xanadu, very nice, good beach close to, yet far enough away from town.
The Phoenix, or Vitoria House are also great options for dives/non divers.
My wife is a non diver and she loves Xanadu and Victoria house. I have not stayed at The Phoenix, but have seen the facility and it is top notch, the staff at ALL of the resorts are superb.

You might look into Xanadu, very nice, good beach close to, yet far enough away from town.
The Phoenix, or Vitoria House are also great options for dives/non divers.
My wife is a non diver and she loves Xanadu and Victoria house. I have not stayed at The Phoenix, but have seen the facility and it is top notch, the staff at ALL of the resorts are superb.

I've been looking at Phoenix and seems very nice.

What's the beach situation there? Nice sand, calm water, etc? Wife/kids don't want rocky or ironshore sort of beaches. Think "Corona Commercial" and you'll have an idea of their expectations.

:)

Think "Corona Commercial" and you'll have an idea of their expectations.

:)

the beaches north of San Pedro town. It's less crowded to the north and the beaches and water are clean. Classic "tropical paradise" look and feel. White sand, blue clear water. You can swim off the beach and not get run over by boats. Go at least as far as Journey's End. I own a lot just past there. Nice place.

Hamanasi was the resort we chose several years ago, before my gf discovered she liked scuba diving after all. I recommend it for a mixed group such as yours.

Hamansai is further south and on the mainland. Easy access to jaguar preserve, jugles, river tours, and Inca/Mayan ruins. I got to dive, gf went everywhere else, and snorkeled. We both had a ball.

Nice quiet resort, with beautiful setting and some really nice personal hosts.

My wife doesn't even swim.

We found that Cruises work well.... we get together time (forced :wink:, I get a few dives and she gets to shop

Ambergris Caye is a great place for divers and non divers.

If the kids are into snorkeling there are day trips for that or they can see lots of fish just at the end end of docks. Ramon's dock is well known for that.

Back
Top Bottom