Belize for Divaholics?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alright, doing more research for our trip. I see that there is Lighthouse Reef Resort at Half Moon Caye and I see it slated for rre-opening in early 2008. However, I can't find any updates or booking information.

Anyone have the lowdown?

Where'd you hear 2008? I would love to know the real story too. Their website has said "reopening soon" for years; it also claims they are reopening in 2006. I'd be too skeptical to plan a trip around this place until it was really and truly open.

One trick is, it's not a place people can wander past and tell us how construction is going!

I wouldn't hold your breath about Lighthouse.

If you want different diving, there's some wonderful deep coral architecture around 10 miles north of San Pedro. I only discovered it recently but was totally blown away. Fuel is costly here, so you can dive it from San Pedro if either there's a group of 8 or more, or if you're prepared to pay a premium. Or stay "up north" and dive with Belize Academy of Diving, who are close to this fantastic area and are in absolute terms an excellent dive center (BAD in name only!).

Thanks for all the help so far. We're getting a smaller list now of land based resorts that we can get 3 dives a day from. The boats wound up being a bit more than we wanted to pay for this excursion when we added in the port fees, fuel surcharges, nitrox bill, etc.

If anyone has a great value at 3 dives per day in mind, we're still narrowing down our list and would love to hear about.

On Ambergris Caye reckon on around US$100 for three dives, less if you're a sizeable group or diving for several days. Maybe down to $75. Unfortunately there's no shore diving here so boats are your only option.

you can stay at any resort as they will book you to a dive center they work with. If you want to do 4 dives a day you can. We do 4 dives a day every day at our shop.
PM me if you have questions

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom