Belize Dive Haven?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aggressor has a long worldwide reputation and track record, and sells off leftover spots at 50% but you'll never get 50% off from them for a group booking. And I'm not saying it isn't a legitimate great deal just that one should not blindly assume so. I can think of good reasons and bad reasons why a resort might run a 50% off sale. But mostly bad ones. Especially during "high season".

It could be that they're just trying to get the word out. Call it cost of advertising. Get folks out thete. Get some real reviews and then next year . . .the real price

Likely true, but probably because the original price was pulled pulled out of their behind to see ‘if we can get it’ i’d have more of an idea of the sale if I was aware of the price... last aggressor trip in belize was $2139.50 usd for 10 nights and 42 dives at $50-ish a dive..

Likely true, but probably because the original price was pulled pulled out of their behind to see ‘if we can get it’ i’d have more of an idea of the sale if I was aware of the price... last aggressor trip in belize was $2139.50 usd for 10 nights and 42 dives at $50-ish a dive..

I found their website and feel a tad better IF someone can say they have seen this resort with their own eyes. It is on Turneffe and the 50% off is $1500 so normal rate of $3000 for 7 nights AI. That's on par with Blackbird and Turneffe Island. They are still in "preview" mode so probably still working on things. And the website gallery features pics of the owner (titled papa) and his hottie wife. But what makes me uneasy is the pictures show a brand new 4-story large resort like you'd find in Cancun with a huge 260' long pool and exquisite landscaping. How the he11? Everything else built out there has been wooden cottages and lodges. This place looks like it would need a substation to power and municipal water and sewage to handle the load.
belize-img-resizes-13.png

Home - Belize Dive Haven

It's really there.

Looking at the web. Let’s say $1700 per trip of 8 days at 2 dives a day ( is that per person, 2 people sharing a room? Who the heck knows based on the website..does that mean 16 dives, 14 dives as there are no dives 24 hours before you fly etc, who the heck knows, they don’t have any mention of it, which immediately suggests they are not a professional dive operation etc.etc.)...the, mention ‘untouched reefs’ ..what does that even mean? That no-one has ever dived there? I think we know that’s not accurate....

Look, at $242 a day single pax for 7 days ( because the last day you can’t dive etc) in an environment where they stipulate that there will not be any amenities and that it’s all inclusive with no drinks...so not all inclusive etc. I’d want to know why you aren’t just going to an established resort...with established reviews that aren’t all ‘come the f@ck on, 5* multiple exclamation remark about how it’s the best resort in the world on day 2 etc.etc’

I’m not saying that it won’t be good...when they sort their crap out, but there is no way I would be the guy taking the risk at $242 usd a night and that’s at 50% discount.... I’d just be saying ‘screw it, I’ll pay the rate for the place 5 mins away that is 4 star with honest reviews and I know what I’m getting as opposed to this potential ‘fyre festival’ gong show...

I would have had less of an issue if there was a review along the lines of ‘just getting started, some issues, but it’s an honest gig and the diving is efficient and safe, not worth $500 a day, but decent at $350 a day etc.’....if it was that I would say yes...but no way with reviews like : the ‘most amazing Disney 100% lucky honour good time millionaire experience in the universe!!!!’

It just boggles my mind that something of that scale could be constructed on a remote small island with absolutely no infrastructure. It would take fleets of supply barges and years to build.

2 dives per day is not enough. Anyone going out there is going for the diving. All of the competition offers 3 dives per day.

Particularly when there are no other amenities..what the heck are you going to do from 12pm onwards...

Particularly when there are no other amenities..what the heck are you going to do from 12pm onwards...

Use the biggest pool!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom