Belize City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you walk around Belize City either do it in a group of at least four big men, or make sure you have nothing of value on you. Especially but not exclusively at night. I was told once by the superintendent of police how many violent (gun) robberies there had been in Belize City in the previous 24 hours, and it was horrifying. Not to say you'll necessarily have something happen to you (I know people who've walked there quite safely) but the odds aren't good.

You didn't say when you are going so this may be moot.... I just came back from Belize and a few of our folks went a couple days early. You can spend a day zipline and cave tubing at Jaguar Paw. Really fun stuff. Operators will pick you up from your hotel etc.... Our people also stayed at the Radisson. Seemed decent enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom