Beginners Guide to DIY Homebuilt Cannister Lights.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The link works fine for me. Thanks for the great info, I've just put togther the magnetic reed switch/MOS fet for a modified mag light. I was using the old Dacor rubber boot on a toggle switch, but when it wore out, I tried using one from an electronics stores, but it failed after 2 dives. I haven't pressures tested the new set up yet, but it worked before, with the toggle switch. I was thinking of putting the magnet in my glove, so when I grab the light it will turn on.

Link worked fine. Is there any reason to not build a rather flimsy housing with a membrane bottom and fill it with mineral oil? That's done with the battery pods on some submersibles that use jelled lead/acid batteries.

Ditto ... can't open the PDF ...

I can't opent the link either. What version Acrobat do you have?

me too, linky no worky. /cry :(

Excellent! Thank you Mike D.

In case anybody is interested, you can get flat sheets of PVC from www.usplastic.com .

Certainly more expensive than making flat PVC on your own but much easier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom