Beginners at Phi Phi/Khao Lak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My brother did his OW Referral and AOW on a liveaboard at Koh Racha Yai, while I did my Master Diver Challenge...we had a great time and highly recommend it.

Phuket Scuba Diving, Liveaboard MV Scubacat

You might also consider taking a course with Quero.

Gekko Scuba Divers | Phuket Thailand

After reading her posts for a few years now, I would dive and train with her in a heartbeat.
Sometimes quality prevails overs quantity.

Cheers,

~Oldbear~

Thanks for that. We decided that we didn't want to go to Phuket so we have taken a house in Ao Nang where there seem to be a lot of dive centres. I hope we haven't made a big mistake!

Thanks for that. We decided that we didn't want to go to Phuket so we have taken a house in Ao Nang where there seem to be a lot of dive centres. I hope we haven't made a big mistake!

Hi Lilly,

No mistake- great Idea!!!!!! Ao Nang and Railay beach is a top spot in Thailand, even got camping at Nong Thale for the young at heart.

Try these guys, Rina and Alexi Houston- Scuba Diving Thailand: Dive Krabi lovely couple living in Ao Nang, I did my OW ticket with them.
14900bht for the Open water ticket, in a very small group- probably just yourselves!!!!!!

They use the Sheraton hotel pool at Klong Muang Beach, then do your dives at phi phi on a fairly new speedboat. It was a superb way to get my OW ticket and good value for a company using a speedboat to dive out of instead of the Ferry style/dive-stock boats running out Chalong Pier.
Try the restaurant next to the Sheraton called Rueam Siam it awesome Thai food.......

I will never forget learning to dive with this op. it was so pleasant I got 100% in my course exam!!!! I studied the book for a week prior to doing the course :) as they let me have the book ahead of doing the course.
It was pretty easy as I was a longterm skindiver.

Have the time of your life,
Damo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom