Beginner looking for tips and strobe help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rlowe98

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey, I just got a DC1400 with the Pro Strobe. Im having a bit of trouble setting the strobe up. Also feel free to give me some tips on how to make better pictures. I really want to be able to dive with this next week in Florida.

What troubles are you having? Where are you going in Florida?

Tips? Leave the camera in the room the first day, the strobe in the room the second day. You're pretty new at this unforgiving sport.

I have the strobe connected but can't get it to work, I'm going to check the batteries again though.
I will be in the keys at john pennekamp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it fire on Test?

It did once then not anymore

It did once then not anymore

Ok, it has to fire on Test to work. You should hear the capacitor charging, then see a ready light I think. Might have weak batteries.

Ok il check, thanks.

---------- Post added January 19th, 2014 at 01:47 PM ----------

Does it fire on Test?

Yes it is firing now, new batteries seem to be working. But I can't get the strobe to work with the camera, any suggestions?

How much photography have you done on dry land? Are you a new diver (your profile indicates fewer than 25 dives).

These are two complicated hobbies, mixing them early can be, shall we say, problematic.

Back
Top Bottom