Beginner camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would you guys recommend getting the weights to go with the housing to keep it negatively buoyant?

I think I'm going to go with a Canon a720 IS and Canon housing.

Any serious objections to this set-up to start with?

I think you will be quite pleased with your decision. If you click on the Picasaweb link in my signature below and then select the Sipadan U/W folder you will see some pics taken with the same setup. These were all shot with the same exact setup using either natural light or the camera's own internal strobe. The pictures have had only minimal post-processing down using Picasa.

I haven't bought weights yet but have dove with the camera by using a friends weights. Don't know if I have a preference. If you go with weights I recommend that you don't go with negative balance in case you ever get separated from your camera.

Hope you enjoy your purchase.

I think I'm going to go with a Canon a720 IS and Canon housing.

Any serious objections to this set-up to start with?

We have a Fuji 10 with a Fuji Housing that has worked very well for us over about seventy dives. We also have a much more expensive Canon SD630 with a Canon housing that flooded on its third dive. Canon's customer was non-exist for several months. No response from our e-mails, etc. They finally responded to several of our phone calls and hooked us up with a rebuilt for $250.

I think we will go with a Fuji again next time. Good luck in your deliberations.

Good Diving,

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom