Been diving to Mammoth Lake recently?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubashawn123

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
TSD,

I will have a chance in August to go to Lake Jackson and wanted to finally check out Mammoth Lake dive park.

Anyone been lately? What did you think? What are the conditions?

Is there shade?

Let me know your experiences.

Shawn O'Shea

Yes, alot to see, vis. about 8'-10', thermocline about 30'

There are 30+ cover palvinon for shade.

They are putting the C-130 in Monday.

That sounds great. Do you know what time they open for diving in the morning?

Last night I tried to navigate their websites and I did not click on the right area's to find this information.

I think I will be out their the 2nd weekend in August and wonder if I can schedule a night dive also. One of those family in law get togethers in Lake Jackson that will allow me to dive each morning for sure.

Anyone else headed out to the Lake August 9th or 10th?

C-130 will be opened up to do a swim through I assume?

Shawn O'Shea

http://media.myfoxaustin.com/aquarena/index.htm

Last edited:
Store/ Lake Hours:
Monday, Tuesday 10a-7p
Wednesday closed
Thursday, Friday 10a-7p
Saturday 8a-8p
Sunday 8a-6p
hours is located on the contact page.

Yes, The C-130 has the window and bulkhead removed and a few other cut outs to allow entry.

Yes, you can make a night dive but be sure to let them know when you arrive that you would like to make a night dive so they can make sure someone will need to stay late. It also isn't a bad idea to call (979) 285-0600.

That sounds great. Do you know what time they open for diving in the morning?

Last night I tried to navigate their websites and I did not click on the right area's to find this information.

I think I will be out their the 2nd weekend in August and wonder if I can schedule a night dive also. One of those family in law get togethers in Lake Jackson that will allow me to dive each morning for sure.

C-130 will be opened up to do a swim through I assume?

Shawn O'Shea

myFOXaustin.com | Underwater Web Cam at Aquarena Center

Shawn O'Shea

Let us know how it is. I am planning a trip for the 29th out there. I will be needing to find someone who would like to make a Friday diving.

Let us know how it is. I am planning a trip for the 29th out there. I will be needing to find someone who would like to make a Friday diving.

I will.

Hope I get to do a swim through of that big C-130, I remember doing a small jet swim through 50 seater in a quarry in Ohio years ago. What a blast, got to go into the cockpit with all the instruments, seats and everything laid out, even flight computer was left in the jet for the quarry dive, pretty neat dive experience.

If anyone is heading there the weekend of August 9th, let me know, so I can look you up. Right now I will be solo diving thanks to Mike's rules with the solo certification authorization.

Yesterday about 530 the main body of the C-130 setting on the bottom of Mammoth lake. It was a very long day for a good number of people. We are waiting to see what happens with the little storm before there is a finally decisions on when the tail section will be sunk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom