Beaver Lake Dive July 7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CoasterFreak

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My son and I dove Beaver lake this morning at Dam Site Park. The weather was awesome and we had a great time. Viz was a little disappointing at roughly 10 feet according to our not-so-scientific polling, but the water temp was about 81 degrees and the thermocline at about 28 feet. We had dove the bluffs multiple times and were not interested in the party barge, so we went to the platform for the first time and explored a couple of lines to see the sunken car and yellow submarine. There are multiple other sunken items nearby, so we definitely will go back. We saw several varieties of fish, including perch, striped bass, and a larger green fish that I cannot ID yet. On our safety stop, I found a very large crawfish eating under an old tree-trunk. We wore 3mil shorties but both agreed that we would have been fine going without. There were only a few classes out in the water, one group there all the way from Kansas City - reminded us of how spoiled we are living so close. All in all, a very nice morning underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom