Beautiful Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SailNaked

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can I just say how happy I am that I only have to wait 2 more weeks till I am in Bonaire. How long would it take to swim from the northern tip to the southern end, maybe have someone pass down tanks? I could maybe swim one way at 60' and then swim back decompressing at 20 for like a day. anyone ever tried to eat underwater? restroom breaks may be an issue. :lotsalove:

I am really struggling to post something meaningful, my excitement is getting the better of my judgement. we signed up for 11 boat dives in 8 days, I suppose they will ask us where we want to go, but I mostly want to dive the Hooker and Klein and the north part and the south part so it sounds like I'll have to discuss it when I get there. :coffee: :rofl3:

who is going to be on the island Aug 8-14? Ill buy the first round.

Maybe you could do your potty break on the Hooker. I am sure there must still be a head in there someplace. I suppose you could eat during your drift south. There's plenty of sponges down there and the turtles seem to like to gnaw on them.

the only practical obstacle to your plan is the no diving restriction on the Salt Pier. You'd have to get out of the water and walk around the site.

SailNaked,
I'll be there at the same time. First time in ABC so I'd be up for a beer to get the lay of the non-land.
Steve

No need to apologize for your excitement ... we understand completely. I am looking at trip #6 this fall. I've never done a boat dive there.

One useful tip. Don't blink while you are there ... the time passes very quickly and you don't want to miss a second.

Have fun and report back.

Back
Top Bottom