Beauchat Y valve owners...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo

Contributor
Reaction score
Can somebody with a Beauchat Y valve do me a favor - measure the centre to centre width of the two DIN ports? I was about to put my DiveRite H valve back on my tank for use with dual regulators (mainly to avoid rerouting hoses each time I switch between diving doubles and singles), but with the ATX200 regs, the optimum hose routing for a doubles manifold just doesn't work with a DiveRite H valve - the hoses bend against the tank and it basically just doesn't work without moving hoses to different ports - what I'm trying to avoid in the first place. Measurements in either mm or inches is fine. The reason I need the centre to centre measurement is to see if the ATX200 regs will fit in the same orientation as on a manifold, ie. diaphrams facing in to each other - I think this causes the DIN fittings to be too far apart for a Y valve, but would like to know for certain.

thanks!

The ATX 200 First stages will not fit on the Y valve with the "covers" facing each other. Not enough room. I opted for the covers facing out, away from each other. My goal was to be able to switch from doubles to singles and utilize the same regulator set up for both. My compromise: swap first stage positions. On the doubles, the covers on the regs. face each other, and everything is DIR. On the singles, I just switch the first stages, side for side. The hose routing works fine, the only difference is that my primary reg. and BC are running off the left side when using singles. Since I'm not in overhead situations with the singles I'm not too worried about post roll off, etc...

Cheers for the info, JeffAustin. I'll see if that works for me - I've got a big fat Vytec transmitter that tends to get in the way. Keeping the transmitter is worth more to me than first stage redundancy on a single tank, but I'd rather just have the same setup for singles and doubles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom