Bears and Monkeys not compatible. It's the year of the dog anyway.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i saw that... pretty bad for the monkey

hmmm ... i don't know about "two different species should ever be housed together."

i mean, clearly birds and turtles get along well, for example, or antelope, rhinos,
and wilderbeast at an exhibit

i guess animals with the potential to hunt other animals should be kept by themselves, though in this case that wouldn't have helped... these bears are not
known to eat anything bigger than a small vertebrate (like a bird or mouse)

i read one of the zoo keepers say that these were wild animals and you never
know what a wild animal may do. i guess that's true.

maybe keeping animals of too different a size together may not be a
good idea? not sure what to think.

H2Andy:
i mean, clearly birds and turtles get along well, for example, or antelope, rhinos,
and wilderbeast at an exhibit

i guess animals with the potential to hunt other animals should be kept by themselves, though in this case that wouldn't have helped... these bears are not
known to eat anything bigger than a small vertebrate (like a bird or mouse)

good point.

on a small aside, at the honolulu zoo there is a cerval in the bird exibit. granted the big cat is in a small sub-cage and has no contact with the birds, but they claim that it is in the bird exhibit to maintain the cat's alertness and instincts.

i cant tell if this is irony, torture, or both.:wink:

ThatsSomeBadHatHarry:
good point.

on a small aside, at the honolulu zoo there is a cerval in the bird exibit. granted the big cat is in a small sub-cage and has no contact with the birds, but they claim that it is in the bird exhibit to maintain the cat's alertness and instincts.

i cant tell if this is irony, torture, or both.:wink:

That's awful!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom