Bear polarwear extreme...any users??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ranger

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I need to upgrade my drysuit underwear. I have Bear 100 at this time, and being cold natured I need more protection. I've considered the Bear 200 and the new Polarwear Extreme. I want to stay with something that incorporates thinsulate. I found out the hard way that thinsulate keeps you warm when wet last year when my suit partially flooded in 55 degree water.

My old Bear 100 is the old design that is pretty restrictive and I undestand their new design is much better and less restrictive. I am also open to suggestions on other brands of underwear and would appreciate website links with your suggestions.

Get ahold of Bob3 on here and ask about the Viking underwear. I got the 400g thinsulate and love it. My drysuit neckseal was too big so I was constantly flooding the suit and could still do 2 dives in 55 degree water even though the underwear was soaked.

Bob told me most people only dive the 400g when the water is below 40 degrees but I get so cold I dive it all the time. They also make a 200g version, my husband just got that and loves it.

I also got the booties. They take up the excess room in my attached boots and help keep me from getting bad floaty feet. I don't think they would work if you have rock boots or something similar though.
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom